Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greedtone OD

krispn

Hey my buddy is selling this pedal and I offered to post it here for him.

Greedtone OD pedal - Volume and Drive controls and two footswitches - one for on/off the second to switch between More/Less drive.

Huge amount of volume available and a really nice OD. Kicking in the More adds a whole extra level of drive plus a boost however you can set it up with the volume adjusted for the 'more drive' setting as your standard drive tone.

From my brief rumble on this with guitar and bass it has a great quality to it and its VERY tube like. Equally at home on guitar or bass I tried this through a bassman clone to really drive the tubes and I compared it to the Bassman set to a dirty tone (through another amp) and it totally nails a pushed valve head/amp. I also did a side-by-side with a Fulltone Bass Drive and it has an equally delicious drive.

Its a lot of dime - He's after £200ovno posted and insured but what you get is a hand built pedal that is exactly the same as used by Pearl Jam, Minus the Bear and a whole host of bands......some of them not even from Seattle :)

Im not sure how many if these are actually kicking about and Im guessing that they are numbered in order from the first one and not a yearly basis as Greg makes them to order and doesn't keep a stock pile. I'm only going by the info I've been given so please correct me if you know otherwise.

Them Crooked Vultures Josh and JPJ both use these but I cant find any pic's to verify that for the tone hounds out there.

Im expecting pic's tomorrow including one of the hand signed, back plate. Pedal spec has been lifted from the web site and uses very high quality parts.

The pedal looks great and if you go to the website www.greedtone.com you can link to some bands who use this and hear their tracks.

Features:
True-Bypass
Built-in Proprietary Noise Reduction Circuitry
3-Color, Dual LED Switch Indicators
Dual Stomp Switches (on/off, more/less)
Fully Adjustable Volume and Gain
100% Lead-Free Silver Solder
Silver Mica Caps (for cleaner highs!)
Works with a standard Boss style 9V

Pics below:

Edited by krispn