Why become a member? ×

All recorded on a bass....

Jigster

I've uploaded a track I recorded on my Nash jazz - all the percussive elements are from the open strings and the rest as is.

I plugged direct into a Cakewalk interface and played it clean with no effects directly on the bass itself, apart from eq etc

It's a dreamscape for a world that seems to move far too fast.

PLEASE USE HEADPHONES, or at least don't play direct from laptop speakers, if you please.

Any feedback welcome

'Darker' - [url="http://soundcloud.com/speed-of-a-life"]http://soundcloud.com/speed-of-a-life[/url]

[quote name='Jigster' post='1065627' date='Dec 21 2010, 01:20 PM']It's a dreamscape for a world that seems to move far too fast.
Any feedback welcome[/quote]

I'd say you've achieved the mood you are after. If I were to offer constructive criticism, I would prefer to hear the melody unharmonised and perhaps in a higher register; in my opinion, the bass chords sound quite cumbersome and are not really in keeping with the effect you are trying to achieve.

Jennifer

[quote name='endorka' post='1066469' date='Dec 22 2010, 09:29 AM']I'd say you've achieved the mood you are after. If I were to offer constructive criticism, I would prefer to hear the melody unharmonised and perhaps in a higher register; in my opinion, the bass chords sound quite cumbersome and are not really in keeping with the effect you are trying to achieve.

Jennifer[/quote]

thanks Jennifer, will experiment with some higher register :)