Why become a member? ×

Peter Cook, Guitar Maker.

FlatEric

Hi,
iv'e had my Peter Cook since it was made for me in 1980. Peter was recomended to me by our new at the time bassist who had a Firebird bass made by peter. We all thought it was the bee's. So i met him round the back of his house in his over sized shed and ordered mine. I remember not liking the head of the Gibson Firebird so he reworked it.
And better for it i think.

What do you think.

[quote name='razze06' timestamp='1296638447' post='1112031']
Not quite as rock and roll as some others, but there...

[attachment=70723:Mayfair_...mall_014.jpg][attachment=70727:Mayfair_...0129_010.JPG]
[attachment=70726:Mayfair_...0129_003.JPG][attachment=70725:Mayfair_...0129_006.JPG]
[/quote]

That's a great looking bass. Love the square post-modern headstock. I've just stumbled across this thread, it seems to me that there has always been great British guitar design. I wonder how we never got a Brit company up there with Fender and Gibson?

[quote name='stevesmiffy' timestamp='1327788665' post='1516929']
Hi,
iv'e had my Peter Cook since it was made for me in 1980. Peter was recomended to me by our new at the time bassist who had a Firebird bass made by peter. We all thought it was the bee's. So i met him round the back of his house in his over sized shed and ordered mine. I remember not liking the head of the Gibson Firebird so he reworked it.
And better for it i think.

What do you think.
[/quote]

Wow!!
Another one to tick off!

We are having a Peter Cook Owners Get Together, so in true Dad's Army Styley. . . .
Your name will go on ze list!!

Will be in touch. :) :) :)

• 1 month later...

Hi, I was the owner of the Peter Cook Thunderbird bass , that Stevesmiffy was referring to. I p/ex'd in a deal with Peter for a Strat in 83/84. I have long since regretted not keeping it, and often wonder what happened to it. I will try and upload some photos incase anyone knows of it's whereabouts

Edited by lesterpol

[quote name='lesterpol' timestamp='1331796865' post='1578845']
Hi, I was the owner of the Peter Cook Thunderbird bass , that Stevesmiffy was referring to. I p/ex'd in a deal with Peter for a Strat in 83/84. I have long since regretted not keeping it, and often wonder what happened to it. I will try and upload some photos incase anyone knows of it's whereabouts
[/quote]

Hi. :)

That would be great.

I spoke to Peter, when I went to see him with July and we discussed "An interview Part II", as I have
managed to get together more owners.

PM me, if you wish - expand on the story.

Can you also, as you seem to know him, ask Stevesmiffy to contact me - he made the post and that was all we heard from him.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers. :)

Hi, I sent Steve a Facebook message yesterday, but haven't heard back yet. He contacted me on fbook last year, first time in about 25 years. I was surprised to find out that he still owns the Firebird. If he comes back to me I will forward on your request.
I saw mention of a PC Tbird that sounded similar to mine on an eBay forum about a year ago, but got no response. The link is now closed

[quote name='lesterpol' timestamp='1331839864' post='1579809']
Hi, as promised a couple of photos of the Tbird. Not great pics, but someone out there in bass land might recognise it
[/quote]

Hi.

Could you scan these to a higher res - would like to send them to Peter.
The other thing is, I would put the word out and see if anybody knows where it is now.

Cheers. :)

• 2 weeks later...