Why become a member? ×

Chris's setup

dr.funk

I finally have something worth posting!

[u]Basses[/u]
[list]
[*]OLP Musicman copy with Status Graphite neck - bought from ped a few years ago and is still the most comfortable bass I have ever played. Soon to be restrung EADGC as I'm not using the low B much and that high C would be useful for the tracking on some effects.
[*]Fender Jap Jazz with J retro - bought from onehappybunny last year with my first pay check :) I was initially quite reluctant to get a Fender having always enjoyed having something unusual but after playing it it's clear there is a reason why they are popular! I'm still not a massive fan of the neck shape though.. Currently got the pickgaurd removed for some strange reason.
[*]Westfield strat clone - my sisters but lives in my room after she ditched the electric for classical guitar.
[/list]

[u]Amplification![/u]
Hartke HA3500 - Very loud and does the job, pretty heavy in the case though. Haven't got round to swapping the preamp valve but it's on my to do list. I bought this one from techmonkey
'Loud' 2x10s - Bought from crazykiwi to replace my loud 4x10 as I thought it would be more convenient and it is..Great stacking them vertically as it gets the drivers really near your ear.

[u]Others[/u]
Novation KS4 - only bought last sunday for £190, I have always fancied a synth and thought I should learn to play the keyboard. This is also going to double up as a controller for using Live, live. I don't know much about synths but it sounds good to my ears.
Laptop - running Ableton Live and Cubase although I don't use Cubase much as Live is just so much more useful for getting ideas down quickly (I don't do any serious recording)
M Audio FW410 - I got this cheap on ebay, probably wouldn't buy one again but it does the job and having several outputs is nice..

But the best bit is the stand for the keyboard and laptop which I made out of an old shelf, it makes it really quick to get down ideas as everything is in one place and all wired up.

[attachment=4838:DSC01680.JPG]
[attachment=4839:DSC01679.JPG]

Here is an old one just two show the 2 cabs stacked together..
[attachment=4840:DSC01646.JPG]

Cheers!