Why become a member? ×

Fender P Lyte Pearl White £250 - Sold

OldGit

Oh well ... the Fender P Lyte has to go for marital stability reasons :)
MIJ in the 80's

Pictures soon but it's the normal active UK deluxe version with gold hardware, pearl while finish including the headstock.

Some dings and things and the gold's pretty warn from lots of playing but a fantastic fast neck and the normal good sound.
See [url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Fender/Precision+Bass+Lyte/10/1"]Harmony Central Reviews[/url]

Includes Grolsch straplocks :huh: new Roberts Yellows strings and tatty but functional hard case .

They sell for about £220-£320 on eBay depending on condition and this one certainly has seen some action therefore I think £250 is reasonable.

I'm not looking for trades, thanks, and it will be on eBay as from Thursday so yell if you are interested.

I'm in Cardiff.

Thanks

See also my [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=11375&view=findpost&p=119728"]Warwick CCL 1x15 Combo[/url] for sale

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='bassjamm' post='119716' date='Jan 13 2008, 07:33 PM']Hi mate,

May be very interested in this...may i ask how long you've had it please and whether postage is an option?

Thanks kind sir...looking forward to pics :huh:

Jam[/quote]

Hi Jam
I've had it since November or so last year.
I had a black one the same for about 17 years before. I like them but i only need one 4 stringer and the draw of the passive P is too strong :)

I will post it but I'll not use Parcelforce so it will be up to you to choose a courier company from the list on Paul. The's courier review list [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=5572&view=findpost&p=58430"]here[/url]
Where are you?
OG

[quote name='mikeh' post='119718' date='Jan 13 2008, 07:33 PM']If I get a buyer for my Lakland I'll have this. Good price too.[/quote]

Mike, I could keep it off the bay for a while if you are likely to have it... I'm in not hurry as long as something is happening towards selling it the boss will be happy :)
The price is about right as it's got a fair amount of body mojo .. The neck is fine and there's nothing structural but some visible meteor impact craters on the front.
I'll shoot them later and post the pics for all to see.

[quote name='OldGit' post='119737' date='Jan 13 2008, 07:52 PM']Hi Jam
I've had it since November or so last year.
I had a black one the same for about 17 years before. I like them but i only need one 4 stringer and the draw of the passive P is too strong :)

I will post it but I'll not use Parcelforce so it will be up to you to choose a courier company from the list on Paul. The's courier review list [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=5572&view=findpost&p=58430"]here[/url]
Where are you?
OG[/quote]

Hi mate,

I'm in Grantham, Lincolnshire!

Parcelforce is cool...had a few basses sent/recieved through them so all is cool!!!

How do you find it sounds compared to a passive Precision then? Also, what are the controls on the bass please mate?

Thanks
Jamie

[quote name='bassjamm' post='119853' date='Jan 13 2008, 11:13 PM']Hi mate,

I'm in Grantham, Lincolnshire!

Parcelforce is cool...had a few basses sent/recieved through them so all is cool!!!

How do you find it sounds compared to a passive Precision then? Also, what are the controls on the bass please mate?

Thanks
Jamie[/quote]
Hi Jamie

Parcelforce don't insure musical instruments for more than £150 so I prefer not to use them but it would be up to you. I'll pack it to survive.

It doesn't sound/look/feel/play anything like a passive P. The only thing "precision" about it is the name. Closest modern Fender is the Zone.
It's very much an "active" sounding bass.
Controls are volume, Pickup pan, bass and treble.

[quote name='bassjamm' post='120219' date='Jan 14 2008, 05:12 PM']Sorry mate...i mis-read your message about Parcelforce...that's cool! Will let you know...what's what, got my eye on a few things at the moment![/quote]

Ok. I understnd ...
It's going on ebay on Thursday night if no one has expressed a serious interest here.
It's got to go :)

[quote name='charic' post='123539' date='Jan 19 2008, 09:02 PM']GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... etc....S[/quote]

Ha ha painful ...
the guy's looking at it Monday ..
I have my fingers crossed ..