Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB 1200 1980's vintage

gary mac

Yamaha BB1200 Bass

A lovely vintage instrument, built I believe in 1981 and supplied with the original hard case.

A superb through neck bass in natural finish, with a rosewood fret board, that is still in extremely good condition. The frets are good with no sharp edges or obvious wear.

The usual high build quality associated with Yamaha instruments.
Nicely set up with a low action and currently strung with Fender 45-105 strings.

A previous owner had the stock pickups upgraded to EMG’s, powered by a 9 volt circuit.

The bass weighs in at 10lb 2oz.

I have owned this bass since the late eighties, it is in very good condition, but not perfect.

A previous owner was not as careful as I am and the bass does have a number of marks. I’m not sure that any of them are bad enough to show up in photos, but I do want potential buyers to be aware. There is a hairline crack to the lacquer around the jack socket. An area of wear to the finish below the pick-up, presumably caused by a plectrum. A number of scuffs and dents to the finish on the bottom edge of the bass. The tuners are tarnished, which to my mind is how they should look on an instrument of this age.
The lacquer/varnish coating on this bass is extremely tough and durable and it would seem that this has helped keep damage to a minimum.
The case is very substantial and certainly offers a high level of protection to the bass. There are a number of superficial scuffs and marks to the outside of the case but all catches and hinges are functioning.

I’m not keen on selling off instruments, however health issues and financial constraints mean that I can’t justify keeping instruments just to look at now and then. Gigs are thin on the ground and so it’s time to move some on.

I am happy for interested parties to come around to inspect and play the bass.

I am now dropping the asking price to £450.00

I’ve not seen many of these for sale in recent years, so not sure about my pricing.

I would prefer that the bass was collected and I therefore haven’t included postage at this stage. We can discuss arrangements for shipping if required.

Please pm me if you require any further info, additional pics or you want to come around for a cuppa and test drive.

[attachment=65659:028__2_.JPG][attachment=65660:031__2_.JPG][attachment=65661:033__2_.JPG][attachmen
t=65663:004__2_.JPG][attachment=65664:003__2_.JPG][attachment=65665:034__2_.JPG][attachment=65666:03
__2_.JPG][attachment=65667:036__2_.JPG][attachment=65668:040__2_.JPG]

Edited by gary mac

• 3 weeks later...