Why become a member? ×

FS Only: OLC Flipster Bass Overdrive, Road Rage Looper

Dosi Y'Anarchy

Hello everyone, I've got some pedals for sale as im trying to fund a custom [SFX] pedal and a Matamp GT200 (in my dreams).

First up:

[b]OLC FLIPSTER - £100 inc Postage (or nearest offer)[/b]

This is essentially an overdrive based on the Ampeg Portaflex SB-12, which is quite similar to the B-15. Its got a great tube tone, I recorded my band's album with it on all the time.
The controls are Level, Bass, Treble and Drive. This was handbuild to a high standard by a member on Talkbass who I bought it off and had it shipped to the UK from the States. I've probably had this a bit over a year and its a great OD, I've also got a Tech 21 leeds which is more 'clanky' and suits me more.

From the Website:
[i]The Ampeg™ SB-12 Portaflex™ adapted for use as a distortion stompbox.

From runoffgroove.com When one thinks of classic bass amps, the brand name "Ampeg" often comes to mind. Their SVT models were very popular and still are today. Slightly less known Ampeg combo-type models were also made, called "Portaflex" amps. In "travel" form, these appeared to be simple closed back speaker cabs with a pair of chrome latches on either side of the top panel. When one released the latches, the top panel could be removed and flipped over to reveal a tube head unit. One simply plugged in the attached speaker cable and the amp was ready to go. The unique design led to the nickname of "Flip Tops."

We looked at many schematics for the vintage Ampeg bass amps and came to the conclusion the popular SVT is very similar to the Portaflex models as far as circuit topology goes. The Portaflex models are simplified versions of the SVT model. We picked one of the Portaflexes to keep our circuit as straight-forward as possible. We named the circuit the Flipster, a take-off of the nickname of the old amps.

We chose the SB-12 model Portaflex as our starting point for a FET-based bass overdrive. It is simple, and we had an historical reference: a member of the runoffgroove.com team had once owned a late "60s SB-12[/i]

[b]Roadrage micro True Bypass Loop - £25 inc UK postage[/b]

[b]Fulltone Bass Drive Mosfet - SOLD[/b]
[b]Boss Psm5 - SOLD[/b]
[b]Subdecay Quasar Phaser - SOLD, Payment pending[/b]
[b]3XFX Fatman Distortion Pedal - SOLD, payment pending[/b]
[b]Myrtle Pedals Corvid Fuzz - SOLD[/b]

Pedals will go out ASAP (next day where I can) via recorded delivery, payment via paypal.

Edited by Dosi Y'Anarchy

• 4 weeks later...