Why become a member? ×

Foolish Earthlings @ The Water Rats, London - Feb 9th

The Funk

If you like your funk heavy and want your rock soulful, then come down to the Foolish Earthlings gig at the Water Rats on Saturday 9th February (around 9pm).

If you also like to see a band that can improvise its balls off, you should not miss this.

And if you just like to be bought free drinks, come and be my guest. I will provide one free drink for you and an additional one for each friend you bring along with you.

This is our first gig with a revamped line-up: watch as we put our killer keyboard player and funky frontman through their paces.

Cost TBA
Weblinks to full details will be added

Edited by The Funk

• 2 weeks later...

The current line-up is a five-piece.

We've got our old frontman back full time. He and our new keyboard player (who might possibly be a genius) are a couple of church guys. Our guitarist is all about the metal, but he loves his funk, blues and Al di Meola too. The guy plays some serious lines.

Then our drummer is just sick. He's just 18 and he's a groove monster. He's also in the semis of BBC Young Musician Of The Year. He won't get out any of the percussion stuff at this gig but that's something we're looking to incorporate live in the future.

At the last gig we did at the Water Rats, our guitarist's brother (who played Desh in The Bourne Ultimatum) brought along a few b-boy friends who spontaneously started busting out some moves - to a 7/4 funk tune. This time there will be at least one poledancer in the crowd. I'm hoping inspiration might take her during the performance!

It'd be great if you came along. My place is about 5 minutes away from the venue so I thought we could all come back for a party afterwards. Which reminds me - I need to get a pole just in case!

That sounds pretty tempting... would consider it mate but I'm off to see my former boss strip (well... burlesque really. But she does get her kit off. :) )

Do let us know when your next one is.

btw... your stuff sounds great. Loving the groove in the bridge of Alien Nation especially.

Edited by s_u_y_*

Hah, who can argue with nudity? I'll keep you posted about gig dates.

Glad you like the tunes - I wrote Alien Nation in about ten minutes. Still can't figure out how. Everything else took much, much longer.

If any Basschatters do come down, don't forget to introduce yourselves. I'll be the guy in the funky red hat walking into things 'cos he's wearing sunglasses indoors at night.

Edited by The Funk