Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Dingwall ABZ SOLD

Scooby

Here's my Dingwall ABZ Natural, which I'm looking to sell - or possibly trade. The bass is less than two months old, bought from Bass Direct and comes with the Dingwall gig bag, spare set of strings, tools and documentation. The basic spec is:
•Dingwall made in Canada FD3-A pickups
•Dingwall passive controls, volume, pickup selector, tone control
•Dingwall USA strings
•Two piece swamp ash body
•Maple Fingerboard
•Banjo frets
•NOVAX® FANNED-FRET SYSTEM™
•Maple neck
•Select hardware
•Dingwall Gig Bag
•Manufactured in Canada
[attachment=65187:ABZNatural_TWIN590.jpg]
The pics are of the actual bass and the only 'Ding' is in the name ;O)
Trade-wise, I could be tempted by an Overwater (4 or 5 string) or a Roscoe.

Edited by Scooby

[quote name='Scooby' post='1039805' date='Nov 28 2010, 12:08 PM']Here's my Dingwall ABZ Natural, which I'm looking to sell - or possibly trade. The bass is less than two months old, bought from Bass Direct and comes with the Dingwall gig bag, spare set of strings, tools and documentation. The basic spec is:
•Dingwall made in Canada FD3-A pickups
•Dingwall passive controls, volume, pickup selector, tone control
•Dingwall USA strings
•Two piece swamp ash body
•Maple Fingerboard
•Banjo frets
•NOVAX® FANNED-FRET SYSTEM™
•Maple neck
•Select hardware
•Dingwall Gig Bag
•Manufactured in Canada
[attachment=65187:ABZNatural_TWIN590.jpg]
The pics are of the actual bass and the only 'Ding' is in the name ;O)
Trade-wise, I could be tempted by an Overwater (4 or 5 string) or a Roscoe. Price-wise I'm knocking four hundred off the price I paid so it;'s up for [b][/b]£1200.[/quote]
Hi, willing to trade this overwater progress3 5 string

[attachment=65207:083.JPG][attachment=65208:089.JPG][attachment=65209:084.JPG][attachment=65206:080.
JPG]

The two main things about it is that it gives the lower strings higher tension and that it supposedly follows the natural arc of your wrist as you play.

They do feel very natural, but even taking the fanned fret into account, they're still pretty long. Though the necks on the Dingwalls I've tried have been amazing.

Where are you based?

Depending on some cash coming in over the next wseek or so, I might well be tempted by this...

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='1040151' date='Nov 28 2010, 05:31 PM']The two main things about it is that it gives the lower strings higher tension and that it supposedly follows the natural arc of your wrist as you play.

They do feel very natural, but even taking the fanned fret into account, they're still pretty long. Though the necks on the Dingwalls I've tried have been amazing.[/quote]

Edited by markstuk

[quote name='markstuk' post='1040407' date='Nov 28 2010, 08:38 PM']Where are you based?

Depending on some cash coming in over the next or so, I might well be tempted by this...

Cheers

Mark[/quote]

Hi Mark
I'm based near Coventry. I could also be tempted by part cash part trade depending on the bass!