Why become a member? ×

Kydd Bass EUB Traveller Prototype

ash

[attachment=65038:IMGP1701.JPG]
Here is my short scale 30" 'Kydd Bass' prototype EUB. It has a small, beautifully figured maple chambered body, ebony curved fingerboard (ideal for bowing) with a headless "steinberg" type nut/tailpiece. The electrics are a fishman under bridge pickup, no controls. The bass produces a realistic upright tone from the hollow body, it's small and very light. It comes with an old Hohner headless gigbag that fits it perfectly. The bass has a mount that fixes to an adapted mike stand (production Travellers had a tripod stand), this works fine and the bass is very easy to travel light with. I've had great fun with this bass and lots of positive comments on the tone. When I bought it it had been trashed and needed a new bridge and set up which was done locally. I also had some small position dots inlayed on the fingerboard edge to help my intonation! I have now moved to a full scale EUB hence the sale. I was told this was a one off prototype by the a guy I got it from, its certainly well made and plays great. A nice introduction to the EUB. Offers or trades - no idea what this is worth in monetary terms, cost to me and the work costs plus case set it around 450 GBP. I'd prefer pickup but will post within UK at buyers cost. I would consider trades too.

[attachment=65039:IMGP1702.JPG]

[attachment=65043:IMGP1706.JPG]

[attachment=65046:IMGP1704.JPG]

[quote name='ash' post='1038111' date='Nov 26 2010, 06:42 PM'][attachment=65038:IMGP1701.JPG]
Here is my short scale 30" 'Kydd Bass' prototype EUB. It has a small, beautifully figured maple chambered body, ebony curved fingerboard (ideal for bowing) with a headless "steinberg" type nut/tailpiece. The electrics are a fishman under bridge pickup, no controls. The bass produces a realistic upright tone from the hollow body, it's small and very light. It comes with an old Hohner headless gigbag that fits it perfectly. The bass has a mount that fixes to an adapted mike stand (production Travellers had a tripod stand), this works fine and the bass is very easy to travel light with. I've had great fun with this bass and lots of positive comments on the tone. When I bought it it had been trashed and needed a new bridge and set up which was done locally. I also had some small position dots inlayed on the fingerboard edge to help my intonation! I have now moved to a full scale EUB hence the sale. I was told this was a one off prototype by the a guy I got it from, its certainly well made and plays great. A nice introduction to the EUB. Offers or trades - no idea what this is worth in monetary terms, cost to me and the work costs plus case set it around 450 GBP. I'd prefer pickup but will post within UK at buyers cost. I would consider trades too.

[attachment=65039:IMGP1702.JPG]

[attachment=65043:IMGP1706.JPG]

[attachment=65046:IMGP1704.JPG][/quote]

Up up up!