Why become a member? ×

FT 1975 Precision maple/sunburst for similar '70 Precision........

Beedster

OK, this is a long shot and probably not going to happen.

I bought about three months ago the beautiful '75 Precision below (maple board).

It's the one on the right.

[attachment=4782:Precisions.JPG]

It is an absolute stunner and has mojo dripping from it by the ton (or litre? Anyway, whatever unit mojo comes in, it's got plenty). Of my four 70's Precisions, this is the one that makes people go "wow", and sound wise it's everything you'd expect from a classic 70's Precision. It's all original apart from pots and pickguard, which is a not unusual state of affairs.

PROBLEM: it has a Jazz profile neck. I bought it because I fell in love with how it looked and how it sounded, but much as I have tried and tried, I am not getting on with the skinny neck.

I am looking for a direct trade - or a trade with a small bit of cash either way - for a similar 70's Precision, certainly with a maple board and ideally sunburst, but it MUST have the classic wide Precision neck, in fact, the more like a baseball bat it is, the better! I would consider a neck trade although I feel that this might present problems of reselling either bass if the necks were non-original.

Anyone out there got a fat-necked Precision they don't like, this could be your chance to get a slimmer and faster neck :)

Thanks for looking folks

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='118385' date='Jan 11 2008, 10:34 AM']OK, this is a long shot and probably not going to happen.

I bought about three months ago the beautiful '75 Precision below (maple board).

Chris[/quote]

I know I'm incapable of posting without using the word 'warmoth', but you've played my Warmoth P, why not get one of their P necks? As baseballbatty as they come, and you can always put the slim neck back on if you decide to sell the bass. I'll buy the Warmoth neck from you should that be the case.

[quote name='bremen' post='118397' date='Jan 11 2008, 10:56 AM']I know I'm incapable of posting without using the word 'warmoth', but you've played my Warmoth P, why not get one of their P necks? As baseballbatty as they come, and you can always put the slim neck back on if you decide to sell the bass. I'll buy the Warmoth neck from you should that be the case.[/quote]

Hi mate
Yes, Warmoth neck are stunning, as I remarked when I played yours. It's certainly an option, the only potential problem being one of aesthetics: new maple on old sunbust would look somewhat odd (I know 'cos I've tried). I have certainly considered buying a vintage Fender baseball bat neck from the US, but they can come in very expensive and there is the ever present risk that they are not quite as good as the seller suggests.
Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='118404' date='Jan 11 2008, 11:06 AM']Hi mate
Yes, Warmoth neck are stunning, as I remarked when I played yours. It's certainly an option, the only potential problem being one of aesthetics: new maple on old sunbust would look somewhat odd (I know 'cos I've tried). I have certainly considered buying a vintage Fender baseball bat neck from the US, but they can come in very expensive and there is the ever present risk that they are not quite as good as the seller suggests.
Cheers
Chris[/quote]

Indeed, mine looks very squeaky-clean! They do a 'vintage tint' though, maybe a combination of that and lending it to a heavy smoker for a couple of months? or pickle it in PG Tips?

good luck anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

hi chris - I like this

how about trade for a nice shergold plus £600 ? its a nice shergold

:)

Darren

[quote name='Beedster' post='118502' date='Jan 11 2008, 01:26 PM']Trades only on this folks, sorry. Only a week ago I swore I'd never buy or sell another bass, and although that's unlikley to be the case, I'm not going back on it so soon :huh:[/quote]

This is beautiful. I may be in for a vintage precision soon. I have a nineties jazz that I love but I think a p would get a look in as I get more melodic as I get older. Im not trying to be Geddy Lee or the Ox all the time anymore. ( I started out as a guitarist you see in rock bands ).

The short of it is I may be in for a p if any one is moving stuff. I dont have anything of bass interest to trade and like Beedster I dont want to get rid of anything.

Keep me in mind because I would much rather deal with BCers.

Cheers Mr Fudge.

Sorry I hijacked the thread a bit but the basses pictured are right up my street.

Edited by Mr Fudge