Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Explorer SOLD

Dr.Dave

Some folk love these - some hate them. I quite liked mine , then grew to hate it , these days we have a friendly relationship based on mutual respect but there's def. no love !!

Anyway - our guitar player reckons he's flogging his Gibbo Ex. Guitar. We got them for the trib band. If his is going , mine is too - so this is really a strong feeler for mine. I'm aware there are those about the forums who don't care for feelers but this does have a price - £180 - which is what I paid for it from Cash Converters down the road.
Picture by scrolling down this thread , though if anyone's really interested I'll post some decent ones.
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=603&hl=Dr.Dave"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=603&hl=Dr.Dave[/url]

It will come in an Explorer GUITAR gig bag with a walking sock round the head because it sticks out of the top. 'Twat' - you may say. Fair enough , but it's travelled thousands if miles and earned me thousands of pounds like that without so much as a scratch so I couldn't care less what you think.

It's in pretty good nick overall - not pristine - but it wasn't whan I got it. Everything works fine. I moved the strap pin so it balances better and filled the hole. I put the dice knobs on but you can have the originals if you wish. It's a stage prop for me - nothing more - so I bought it to look the part. It sounds great and it plays fine.

So - there's a very good chance this will be for sale and I'll know for def by Thursday. It will be strictly collection only. Wakefield , M1 J39 plus 2 easy miles. If you'd like to buy it should that opportunity arise - PM me.

Edited by Dr.Dave

• 2 months later...

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='1110039' date='Jan 31 2011, 08:27 PM']No more ZZ Doc?[/quote]

The trib band's still going but I tend to use the slab body precision for it these days - mostly because we often do Doc B as our own support and I can take less basses.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1110203' date='Jan 31 2011, 09:34 PM']Its either the coolest bass I have ever seen or the worst I really cant decide? But if I had a use for it I would love it, Its awesome man! :)[/quote]

My thoughts exactly - I never figured out which myself , but I did have a def. use for it.