Why become a member? ×

DHA VT1 - BASS - Compressor

Moo

I bought this in november. I have come to realise that I like a more modern compressor sound (I should have listened to Dave when I spoke to him).
So I am selling this to make way for a studio comp.

This Pedal will give a nice warm vintage comp sound and can be set up with overdrive as well (Daves recommended setup is with input signal just clipping).
As new condition apart from some flaked off paint from the bottom, only used for 2 gigs + home noodling.

This is the version with the soft/hard & Boost switches.
See Daves Site for Description & Pics: [url="http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/Products,%20VT1-BassCompressor.htm"]http://www.davehallamps.co.uk/Products,%20...sCompressor.htm[/url]

Yours for just £85 (+Post of your choice)

Thanks
Moo.

Edited by Moo

[quote name='Moo' post='119548' date='Jan 13 2008, 03:49 PM']I am open to offers if the price is putting anyone off?[/quote]
Hi Moo
What's this compressor like...my only experience is of the compressor built into my trace GP12smx head. I'm after something to use when I'm DI ing and not using my stack.
Oh, and was it new to you in Nov 07 from DH, or did you buy it sh - if so, how old is it?
John

Hi John.
Yes this was new to me from DHA in Nov

This pedal is not suitable for going into a DI. As Dave said, it is for more of a dirty sounding vintage effect than a clean studio effect.

I have had difficulty setting it up with the active basses which I mainly play.
With an active bass you have to use a lot of pad on the input to stop clipping, and then use the boost to get the signal back up to the same level as the output with the comp bypassed. With the boost on the hiss and hum are amplified, and become more prominent, but not to a level which is noticeable when the rest of the band are playing.

The Pedal works well with passive basses, with a very small level of noise, which is only noticeable if you go looking for it when nothing is being played.
The hum level is fairly low, and much quieter than the hiss level, and is probably due to me putting the PSU too close to it, because I did not notice any hum form the pedal before I put the pedal on my board.

As Dave said to me on the phone, when I bought it, this is not suitable for studio use and is more of a live tool. If you were going into a PA then you would have to have the DI before the comp, because the engineer would probably gripe about the noise level from it.
With passive basses however, the noise level is much less and not really a problem.

Edited by Moo

• 1 month later...

[quote name='sk8' post='147575' date='Feb 27 2008, 07:40 AM']are you interested in trades? I've got a BBE Opto Stomp compressor....................[/quote]

Sorry for delay in reply. Have been busy in shed....

I am open too swap. You have PM....

Edited by Moo