Why become a member? ×

TO GO: Laney Session 40 Bassman - needs TLC

The Admiral

I bought this in 1982 and have kept it for old time sake, but it needs some love, and I don't have time to lavish it. Nothing majorly wrong with it - bar it has temperamental pots due to sitting around in my cellar (albeit it's dry and heated) and a couple of knobs missing, which could be picked up for pennies I would think. I've tried giving the pots a clean (with some proper switch cleaner - not WD40), but it's not playing very well. So, if anyone has the time and inclination to put this straight, they are welcome to it.

I'm particularly interested in donating if you are working for or with a charity which needs some gear for less well of/fortunate kids/adults to use.

PM me if interested in this classic bit of british amplification! It even has a custom made vinyl cover!

Located in South Manchester/Central Manchester (office hours)

[attachment=64297:Photographic_014.jpg]

• 2 months later...

[quote name='The Admiral' post='1028267' date='Nov 18 2010, 06:19 PM']I bought this in 1982 and have kept it for old time sake, but it needs some love, and I don't have time to lavish it. Nothing majorly wrong with it - bar it has temperamental pots due to sitting around in my cellar (albeit it's dry and heated) and a couple of knobs missing, which could be picked up for pennies I would think. I've tried giving the pots a clean (with some proper switch cleaner - not WD40), but it's not playing very well. So, if anyone has the time and inclination to put this straight, they are welcome to it.

I'm particularly interested in donating if you are working for or with a charity which needs some gear for less well of/fortunate kids/adults to use.

PM me if interested in this classic bit of british amplification! It even has a custom made vinyl cover!

Located in South Manchester/Central Manchester (office hours)

[attachment=64297:Photographic_014.jpg][/quote]

Did this go?

if not I'll be grateful to get me back into bass...

Craig