Why become a member? ×

Tripletone 5W Mono Tube amp

[size=4]Hi Everyone,

Got a nice little Tripletone 'convertible' Class A EL84 Mono Valve amp.[/size]

[size=4]I have another one of these, so I thought I'd sell this on. They made these late 60's- early 70's, I guess this a later one having a P.C.B
It's a chassis amp with a front panel,The pot and switch shafts are quite long, so you mount the chassis amp a bit from the panel.
I was going to make a tube combo,but won't have time now.

[u]Tube line up (all Pinnacle tubes)[/u]

EF80 Pre amp tube
EL84 Power tube
EZ80 Tube rectifier[/size]

[size=4]-It has controls for "ON/OFF", "BASS", "MIDDLE", "TREBLE" and "VOLUME".
-The output transformer has taps for 3 and 15 Ohms speakers.
-I guess It's around 4-5W output being a single ended EL84 design (plenty loud enough to record/rehearse)
-The input is a single RCA phono input,so I've made up a lead with a 1/4 " mono jack socket, to plug a guitar (or bass straight) it.
-I've also soldered wires for the 15 Ohm speaker lead.
-It has a stock three core mains lead/plug[/size]

[size=4]GWO-I tested this with a vintage 12" (15 Ohm) Celestion, using my telecaster and precison bass and it sound good.
low noise and plenty of headrooom for practicing. It overdrives nicely at full tilt.
You need full Eq to achieve full volume , if that makes sense?

Email any queries.

[b][size=5]£50 delivered or collection from central Bristol BS3[/size][/b]

Cheers Neil [/size]

Edited by orangepeelneil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

[IMG]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m386/kurtayphotographer/Screenshot2012-03-05at185241.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m386/kurtayphotographer/Screenshot2012-03-06at144320.png[/IMG]

Hello

I need some help, please.

I got one of these via Ebay (then I've found this link). Ideally, I would like to find another one to make a stereo amp. Is it possible? I would like to play or connect it to RCA to a CD player, even connect it to my other pioneer amp? or play my ipod via RCA to 3.5mm jack? I would like to upgrade the tubes to get better performance if not good but I want to try it first. What are the options, please? I don't play guitars! :(

I plugged into an AC outlet but nothing, I checked the fuse on the plug is fine. The reliable seller said it worked. There was a no plug when I received it and I wired it as the cable on it is old - colours were RED, Black, Green(Yellow alike) - so I wired red to brown, black to blue and the green to green ??? I looked on the net to find the colours from 1960s but no luck!

The speaker plug, is it in the middle where the two holes are, next to the OHM selection switch, right? The left hand side is the RCA connection type?

I would love to hear from you.

Many Thanks
Mark

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...