Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Peacemaker Custom 100

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1023929' date='Nov 14 2010, 08:41 PM']

Designed by Dave Green of Matamp and handbuilt in the UK. Excess of vintage amps means this is a bit spare. Comes with a cover.

£750[/quote]
My brother has one of these,bought it from our guitarist,point to point wiring,partridge design transformers.Dont see many of em,they are a fantastic amps,highly underated and worth more than the usual mesa's/hi watts etc.Great design,especially the biasing.Quite superb, Bump

Edited by mikhay77

Gah, should pay attention to my sale threads.

Really, this isn't point to point, very few amps advertised as such are, this is turret track, I think it is patented by Dave Green, a hybrid of PCB and turret, so you get pcb durability (if the PCB is done right, it is reliable, failures are usually from flexing due to inadvisable board mount sockets and such) with turret ease of maintenance. Point to point is where the components aren't mounted on a baord, but floating between points where they are connected, so the path is shortest, but you wend up with a scruffy mess that if hard to figure.

[url="http://mhuss.com/AmpInfo/"]Article here.[/url]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll let this blonde one go for £475, I kind of got a deal on it, and I don't need two. The first one blew a valve, but thanks to the awesome design, nothing difficult was damaged and I could rebias it myself:

Edited by Mr. Foxen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1289998484' post='1026816']
Gah, should pay attention to my sale threads.

Really, this isn't point to point, very few amps advertised as such are, this is turret track, I think it is patented by Dave Green, a hybrid of PCB and turret, so you get pcb durability (if the PCB is done right, it is reliable, failures are usually from flexing due to inadvisable board mount sockets and such) with turret ease of maintenance. Point to point is where the components aren't mounted on a baord, but floating between points where they are connected, so the path is shortest, but you wend up with a scruffy mess that if hard to figure.

[url="http://mhuss.com/AmpInfo/"]Article here.[/url]
[/quote]

that is true, in fact fender stopped doing true point to point in 1947 and switched to a turret board type design their after, they still hand wired up to 1985, I would personally rather have a hand wired turret board over true point to point,