Why become a member? ×

my new baby.......awwwwwww

steve

Traded with my guitarist for my Squier VMJ, here's my new (old) musicmaster. It's got a couple of issues which I can hopefully sort out, but it also has a nice vibe going on

[attachment=4728:PIC_0494.jpg]

[attachment=4727:PIC_0493.jpg]

[attachment=4726:PIC_0492.jpg]

Needs a damn good clean, new strings (shortscale!) and prolly a different pup as the output of the existing (which may be stock) is quite low. I have a Squier strat that I fitted a couple of Kent Armstrong Humbuckers to (like [url="http://www.wdmusic.com/hum_canceling_strat_hot_white_29853_prd1.htm"]these[/url]), I'm going to try one of them and prob fit the one from the MM in the squier for a comparison. I wouldn't have minded a Dark Star in it, but I ain't doin' no routin'!

I'm also going to bypass the pots as I've heard they are tone-suckas

Congrats! It is very 'aww'.

What an interesting bass. It's like if I went into a car showroom that had modern Ferraris and Lamborghinis and then in the corner there's a little Standard Pennant or old Fiat 500; I wouldn't spend two seconds near the supercars.

That was badly put but you get the point.

Cool bass!

[quote name='paul, the' post='116448' date='Jan 8 2008, 07:13 PM']Congrats! It is very 'aww'.

What an interesting bass. It's like if I went into a car showroom that had modern Ferraris and Lamborghinis and then in the corner there's a little Standard Pennant or old Fiat 500; I wouldn't spend two seconds near the supercars.

That was badly put but you get the point.

Cool bass![/quote]

:) cheers mate, I know what you mean, I like its simplicity