Why become a member? ×

Trumpet and Yamaha Deluxe Silent Brass System

Hey guys,

A perfect Christmas present for your annoying son, daughter or loved-one.

I have an unbranded but nice sounding and playing trumpet with mouthpiece, hardcase, valve oil and cleaning brushes. £40

To go with it is a Yamaha Deluxe Silent Brass ST-7 system. This is a mute/pickup that goes in the bell of the trumpet and silences (well, quietens a lot) the sound. The pickup is plugges into the amplifier/mixer that features volume controls for three sources, an Aux-In for iPod playalong, reverbs. The ST-7 can be mains or battery powered and comes with a pickup mute suitable for this trumpet. £70

I wanted to learn trumpet but it can get seriously loud so bought this. I recorded the brass for an EP (by just plugging this into my recording setup) then put it away.

I need a DSLR for a christmas present and a new guitar so interested in either (plus cash either way if necessary).

Trumpet £40 (excl postage)
Pickup System £70 (excl postage)

[b]£100 together (incl postage)[/b]

Edited by DanOwens

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='1018928' date='Nov 10 2010, 04:12 PM']Out of interest how quiet is it?[/quote]

That's a difficult question to answer.

Skip to 1:30 to hear unmic'd. In the comments this guys says it reduces the sound 90% and won't wake someone in the next room. I'd agree with the 'not waking' bit especially.