Why become a member? ×

Boss CE2B Mods

paul_5

Hi All, I've already posted this in the 'effects' category, which means that loads of people have read it, but so far no response. I've got an old CE2B this i need to up the rate of the chorus sound on for a more "lesley" effect. I've been searching around for how to do this, and apparently it's possible by replacing two resistors. I've got circuit diagrams and I think I know which ones to alter, but not sure about the values of the new resistors. Any experiential/educated guesses would be appreciated.

[quote name='paul_5' post='1015271' date='Nov 7 2010, 02:00 PM']Hi All, I've already posted this in the 'effects' category, which means that loads of people have read it, but so far no response. I've got an old CE2B this i need to up the rate of the chorus sound on for a more "lesley" effect. I've been searching around for how to do this, and apparently it's possible by replacing two resistors. I've got circuit diagrams and I think I know which ones to alter, but not sure about the values of the new resistors. Any experiential/educated guesses would be appreciated.[/quote]

Resistors are dirt cheap, you *could* just experiment with different values until you find the combination that suits you best.

If I was doing this then I'd probably solder a couple of leads from where the resistors were originally soldered and temporarily put a couple of pots in their place (using centre and one of the outer connection points).
Once I'd achieved the effect I was after I'd disconnect the pots and use a meter to measure the resistance imposed by the pot and then stick in the appropriate value resistors as the permanant solution.

As a starting off point I'd probably choose pots that were double the value of the resistors I was looking at changing (so if it was a 4.7K resistor I'd use a 10K linear pot). That way you have the option of varying the resistance by 50% in either direction.

Sorry if this sounds vague but you're looking to adapt a piece of equipment to make a sound that you have in your head - not the easiest thing to come up with definate answers to :)

HTH