Why become a member? ×

Curved Ball...?

markstuk

Alex,

I'm musing about buying a pair of light weight cabs and Barefaced come high on the list of options. The curved ball is that I want to use them for keyboards as well in stereo.. My first assumption was that a pair of super twelves (T) would probably do the biz (I have a fairly clean "articulate" bass sound in my current rig) - but then I noticed the SR12.3 in the forthcoming products section.. I'm unlikely to buy something before mid December but would welcome your views on the differences as well as the availability of the SR12.3.

Current setup is an Ibanez SR765 with Ashdown RPM-1/APM1000 and a Warwick Terminator cab (2 x 15, 2 x 8 + horn)..

Keyboards have enough level to run direct into the power amp (either the Ashdown APM1000 or an Amcron Geodyne II (or both!!))

Cheers

Mark

Edited by markstuk

Mark,

The SR12.3 will be very similar to the Big Baby T, with a different crossover and tweeter. Unfortunately this will make it more expensive and it's going to take some time to get the final details nailed down. For bass guitar and keyboards I'd lean towards the Big Baby T as you'll be able to turn the tweeter up and down to suit and that plus the extra cost of the SR12.3 would swing it for me. The big advantage the Super Twelve T has over the Big Baby is sensitivity - but if you're using two Big Babys I don't think you'll have any problem getting LOUD!

Best regards,

Alex