Why become a member? ×

selling advice

beardybass

Here's the thing, I've never actually sold anything before! So I need some pointers.

I bought an eub about two years ago and have barely used it since, I didn't really need it, but I missed my double and it seemed like the next best thing. I have only used it to practise, it's never been gigged, has no marks on it, and is in perfect condition.I'm more than likely going to be uprooting and moving back to the U.K. next summer and I've decided to only take my Jazz with me when I do, so I probably need to sell the eub.

The question; what would be a reasonable percentage to expect if I decided to sell it? I bought it for 100,000 (yen, not pounds) and I added on to that a bow which cost about 15000, I was thinking about somewhere in the region of 60-70,000 for the two, am I just kidding myself?

Like I said, totally new to this, so I'm more than happy to be told that I'm totally deluded! haha

Yeah that might be a good price. Ultimately you have to advertise it at the price you think it is worth / will fetch, and if nobody bites then either it's too expensive or you're selling to a very small market. So you either need to reduce the price or wait, respectively.

I think the reason some people put their used prices too high is because they are in a persistent process of buying and selling, and it pains them to lose so much money on gear that they don't need or didn't really want in the first place.

Looking at Yahoo auctions probably isn't giving you the widest view of the market, as they're limited to a few parts of the far east. In Japan you're within cost effective shipping range of Australia, where the economy and currency has done better in the recession than other places. If I were you I'd look at putting it up on eBay, with the hope of finding some Aussie EUB lovers with money to burn.