Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Blazer Truss rod Question? (Long shot!)

Geddys nose

Just bought a knacked Blazer real cheap but the truss rod has no nut,I think either the Rod has been over tightned and the nut has snapped off or the nut is simply missing, I can see the thread easily enough and there are no cracks to the neck which would explain an over tighned/snapped nut.Does any one have any ideas? Cheers Si

[quote name='Geddys nose' post='114582' date='Jan 6 2008, 11:12 AM']Just bought a knacked Blazer real cheap but the truss rod has no nut,I think either the Rod has been over tightned and the nut has snapped off or the nut is simply missing, I can see the thread easily enough and there are no cracks to the neck which would explain an over tighned/snapped nut.Does any one have any ideas? Cheers Si[/quote]
Best take it to your nearest luthier and get them to check it out, repair it, replace the nut or whatever it needs.. The Blazers are supposed to be great basses and built like tanks, so it'd be worth having checked out properly and spending a few extra quid on making it right..

As I have re built my own Blazer and worked on my mates 6 string guitar Blazer, I would be very surpirsed if the T-rod is broken...They are built like a Main battle tank.... :)

I wouldn't be surprised if the nuts just fallen off and got lost! Mine is only 1/4turn after finger tight, so with floppy strings it wouldnt have to be at all tight!

Getting a replacement may not be way easy but not impossible. I'd try that route first.