Why become a member? ×

Squier Vintage Modified Precision Bass TB

Hit&Run

Owing to me getting a mortgage, my "as many as I want in, none out" door policy on bass acquisitions has come to an abrupt end.

As such I've got my 'telecaster bass' up for sale. I've had it since August and it is in A1 sweet condition: no dints, scratches, buckle rash, or blemishes of any nature. It still has the plastic cover on the pickup; which looks so awesome I didn't want to scratch it. Never gigged, not even bashed in rehearsals; only left the house once to visit Steve Robinson (manchester guitar tech, more of that later).

Here's a [url="http://www.squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0326902500"]link[/url] to Squier's page on this bass, there is also link for the spec of the bass.

I wanted to pimp it up a little (but not drastically), so I had the plastic nut replaced with a bone one, the stock bridge replaced with a BadAssIII, a set-up, and a fender headstock decal put on. All of this work was carried out by Steve in August 2007.
I still have the original bridge which I can ship with the bass if you want that vintage look. I also have the spare (grooved) BAIII saddles which I'll chuck in as well if you want em! The BAIII is a much more solid affair than it's predecessor, hence it's addition on this bass; and it allows both toploading and string through-body loading of strings.

I have an old but sturdy hard case that I'll ship this in (along with decent packing), or it can be collected if you want.

Enough waffling, here's the fat-pickup fiend in it's glory:

[attachment=4595:STA60066.JPG]

[attachment=4596:STA60067.JPG]
Any marks are reflections, with a few fingerprints thrown in for good measure.

[attachment=4597:STA60068.JPG]

[attachment=4598:STA60069.JPG]
The more astute of you may have noticed that in the piccies the E string is top loaded and the other 3 through body. Why? The D'Addario XL strings that are on it (45-105, barely worn-in) do not have much leeway length wise, and the E string final winding starts in the 1st fret region if stringing through body. D'Addario strings are the only brand I've come across that spoil fun for through body stringers. Nice strings though.

[attachment=4599:STA60071.JPG]
That is a reflection of a ceiling light, [u]not[/u] a space-time energy projector, black hole, lurking alien etc...

If anyone wants any specific pictures of anything (connected with this bass!) PM with your email address and photo-request and I'll see what I can sort.

Price wise I reckon £225 inc insured P&P is pretty fair given the ace condition and extras. I'll knock some off if you want to collect in person.

Any questions or thoughts, feel free to PM me or post 'em on here..

Cheers,
Andrew.

Edited by Hit&Run