Why become a member? ×

FS: Trace Elliot AH300SMX - SOLD

Bass Culture

Dear All,

I have for sale my Trace Elliot AH300SMX bass head, only recently bought off fellow BC-er, Lozbass, in excellent condition, for a mere [b]£220 [/b][u][/u]of the folding stuff (which is what I paid Lawrence for it). It's actually rated at 280w on the back info, which explains the discrepancy between me referring to it as an AH300 and Lawrence an AH250. Either way, it's one loud cookie!

I bought this off Lawrence with a view to keeping it should I ever need a back up for my TC RH450, but a recent bass purchase necessitates a modicum of asset liquidation. Lawrence has kindly let me link to his previous 'For Sale' thread to use his photos (thanks, Lawrence!):

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=99806&hl=Trace+Elliot+smx+250"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...+Elliot+smx+250[/url]

Everyone knows the Trace sound - tight, punchy, loud! - and this is an excellent example of perhaps their most well regarded preamp. It's all there: Mixable Valve/Solid State input, 12 band graphic, Two band Compression, Pre-shape, Graphic level, EQ Balance, Effects level, Tuner out, Effects Loop, Goblin Teasmaid....well, maybe not the last feature.

At the price I'm asking (no offers, I'm afraid) I think this is a bit (as in, a lot!) of a bargain, but it's what I bought it off Lawrence for so I'm happy to pass it on to a fellow BC-er at the same price. Yes, you read right - [u]just £220 [/u][b][/b]buys you a fantastic example of what many think was Trace's finest amp!

I'd prefer pick up (have a day out - Chester's lovely at this time of year!) but I'll ship if I can find a suitable box for it at cost. Without wishing to go 'all ebay' on yo asses, please check my Feedback thread. I can upload more recent pictures when I get time if anyone wants them, but it really is in exactly the same condition as in Lawrence's for sale thread.

Thanks all,

Mark

Edited by Bass Culture

[quote name='observer' post='1005085' date='Oct 29 2010, 12:46 PM']Great amp and well below usual trace's asking price of £1/Watt.
I love my 350SMX, and every time I mention selling it (because it weights a ton), my drummer keep saying "don't be f... idiot"
I'm sorry I can't afford having another GP12[/quote]

Ah, go on, go on - you're only a hop and a jump away from me too! :)

[quote name='Trace_n_bass' post='1005656' date='Oct 29 2010, 07:31 PM']How much do you want to post it? I'd take responsibility for it in transit, if you can pack it well for me.

Thanks

TnB[/quote]

Where to, T'n'B? If it's U.K. it's unlikely to be more than £15 - I'm lucky enough to get a deal through work with Parcelforce.

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by Bass Culture