Why become a member? ×

Crossover (in a pedal form factor)

The Twickerman

Hi folks,
I am thinking of splitting my bass signal. so that middle and treble are handled by a guitar amp, with the bass frequencies routed to me bass amp. I need (therefore) a crossover! - does anyone make a pedal sized crossover pedal? Or maybe a small unit that could be easily mounted in my pedal board?
Any ideas?
- Nick.

Edited by The Twickerman

[quote name='The Twickerman' post='1006526' date='Oct 30 2010, 06:25 PM']I wonder if it's well suited to instrument level signals though, and is its impedance okay to plug an un-buffered guitar into...[/quote]

I have googled and discovered that its input impedance is 10kOhm. To be suitable as an instrument input it needs to be 1MOhm. So I guess the answer is "no". The SFX unit remains the only suitable solution... so far.

[quote name='Finbar' post='1006835' date='Oct 30 2010, 11:51 PM']I've plugged my bass into it plenty of times and haven't noticed anything amiss. Otherwise though, no, they're the only two things I can think of off the top of my head.[/quote]

Hmmm. Maybe I'll give it a go....

Edited by The Twickerman

[quote name='Alien' post='1009107' date='Nov 1 2010, 11:51 PM']As long as the limiting stays above 8kHz that's as high as you'll ever need to go.[/quote]

I think the issue being described is a roll-off in the high frequencies, due the sub-optimal input impedance (which tends to form a LP filter when the guitar is connected).