Why become a member? ×

Good all round 15" replacement speaker

bigevilman

Hey guys

I've just invested in a nemesis 15" cab and am looking to make it my main cab. I want to put a new speaker in there as 250 watts rating ain't nearly enough!

I'm looking for something that's a good all round speaker for all styles (play in a few different bands). I'm not too bothered if it's neo or not, my backs still relatively good :lol: a high output rating though @8ohm is essential (600 upwards)

Cheers guys :)

[quote name='bigevilman' post='1000216' date='Oct 25 2010, 05:14 PM']Hey guys

I've just invested in a nemesis 15" cab and am looking to make it my main cab. I want to put a new speaker in there as 250 watts rating ain't nearly enough!

I'm looking for something that's a good all round speaker for all styles (play in a few different bands). I'm not too bothered if it's neo or not, my backs still relatively good :lol: a high output rating though @8ohm is essential (600 upwards)

Cheers guys :)[/quote]

600 watts is asking an awful lot of a single 15" speaker. The Eminence Kappa 15LF will take it thermally, but it will be a heavy cab as the driver alone weighs over 9kg! And the xmax doesn't offer any advantages over the neo kappalite 3015 (NOT the 3015LF), thermally rated at 450w and weighing a much kinder 3.6kg

Beyma? PD? Volt? B&C? The Kappalite 3015HO is a nice driver for the money.. The key is to avoid a dedicated sub design I would think.. But unless you've got a big XMAX you're simply going to convert all those watts into heat and farting noises... Also you'd need to match it to your cabinet...