Why become a member? ×

SOLD***Yamaha SLB200 for sale £1400 with bow and stand

peterbfd

Hi all, I have put this on the for sale forum but I think it may get lost within all the electric basses so thought it may more appropriate with all the other double basses. The full post with photos can be found here - [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107369"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=107369[/url]

I am selling my much loved Yamaha SLB 200 silent upright double bass. I just don't use it enough (kids!) to justify having it and I'm sure someone else will get a lot more use out of it than I do.

It is a great sounding instrument and I think replicates the sound an acoustic double bass pretty closely. When I bought it, about 4 years ago, I went down to London and tried quite a few silent basses and there was a massive sound quality difference between this model and a lot of the cheaper once I tried. The bridge is the same as an acoustic double bass too so can be used for bowing as well as plucking.

I will also include the official yamaha stand for the bass, which presents and holds the bass really nicely. You can even play the bass when it is fixed to the stand too, which was good for me as I dabble in multi-instumental live looping and gave me the freedom to quickly change instrument.

There is one small ding on the side of the fingerboard, measuring about 5mm long x 1mm wide and less than 1mm deep. You have to look quite well to spot it and does not affect anything apart from aesthetics. It has also never been gigged and has only been out of the house twice.

To buy new the bass is £1685 and the stand is £205 (cheapest I've found). The bow isn't high quality think it was about £25.

Therefore I would like close to £1400 and think it is a great price for this great bass with gig bag, stand and bow.

Thanks for reading

Edited by peterbfd