Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Waiting for a courier... 2

JMT3781

Some of you may remember my "waiting for a courier" thread in the summer... which basically turned into me waiting for a Shuker after 4 days of the courier not being able to find my house...

Well it seems i am in the same situation again! I'm expecting the bass today, and am hoping for no issues this time.. However it seems my subconscious is waiting for something to go wrong..

I woke up at 7 this morning, and thought, "right i need to listen out for the door. Next thing i know, there is a courier outside with a small package for my girlfriend. When i go out i ask if the is one for me, to which he replies yes, and retrieves a bass shaped box from the van. I carry the box inside, open it up to find a cream vox jazz bass with tort plate (i don't know if vox ever did a jazz copy). i inspect the bass further, and find that there is a receipt tucked in the strings... the receipt is from my Dads guitar shop, which is even stranger. Next thing i know i'm in bed again, furiously opening up my mac to find the phone number of the BCer who has sent me the wrong bass. A quick glance around the room then confirms that i haven't actually received a bass.. let alone been out of bed yet..

one daft dream not being enough, i turn over for a bit more of a nap.. only to have another one. This time the courier has left the bass on the drive in its hardcase, with a single 2nd class stamp on the case... i open the case up to find the P bass i was expecting... but in this dream world The body of the bass about three times thicker than it should be..

I think I'm done with buying bass gear, my mind cant take it anymore lol!!