Why become a member? ×

Hello

Grunter

Hi all,

Although I've had a bass for years I've only ever dabbled and never really learned to play it. In fact I know very little about the bass, music or pretty much anything else. Was in a band about 8 years ago and did a couple of gigs but time was against me and I had to jack it in.

Anyway, after many years of doing nuthin I ended up gigging just before Christmas, helping someone out who were suddenly bassist-less. Wouldn't have done it but they were desperate and believe me, if they were asking me they had to be. Anyway, seemed to go OK, I've got the bass bug again big time and there are more gigs coming up.

Unfortunately I've not got much in the way of gear, an Encore Fender Precision copy is my weapon of choice, and no cash to get anything better. Seems to sound OK though. It goes "bong" roughly when I intend it to and in any case I'm not really advanced enough to worry too much about niceties like tone. I did try to adjust my tone at the gig, mainly cause everyone else seemed to be fiddling with their instruments and I was just hanging about, but when I touched the control my amp caught fire.

Just found the forum and it's great. Already answered many of the questions I've had, but I've plenty more and will be firing them out next time I get a chance. Hope that's OK.

Regards

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I've spent a fair bit of time on the for sale forum & ebay but at the moment funds aren't going to stretch to anything new. I've got to make do with what I've got but try and find ways to improve it if I can.

Thanks again.