Why become a member? ×

MUSICMAN STERLING

Bassdude BE

Hi guys,

Up for sale/trade is my 6 month old Musicman Sterling 4 string in a rare and beautifull transparent red finish with black scratchplate.

Bought this bass new april 7th 2010 at Music is life in the U.K.

The bass has never been gigged , has never even left my livingroom and is in mint condition.
It comes with the original Musicman case, bill, warranty card and MM goodies.

It plays/sounds like a dream, is set up pretty good and has that typical MM Stingray sound in a slightly lighter and smaller package,
The body is a beautifull ash with a nice visible grain coming through the transparent finish (still looks a lot better in real life than in the picture's because its hard to catch something like that on photo,but i tried my best... )

The maple neck has a smooth matte finish that feels really nice & smooth and protects the wood against temperature/moisture issues + makes fast playing really easy. (the Sterling neck has more of a Jazz-like form and feel than the bulcky stingray necks)

I love this bass and it has been my baby for the past 6months, but since i like the neck of my friends Modulus i'm thinking of getting a bass with graphite /carbon fibre neck like Zon / Modulus /Vigier and other basses alike...and therefore this beauty has to go to be able to get one of those.

Since the bass is just 6 months old and is still in showroom condition i would like to get around 950£ or 1099 Euro for it (open to offers)

or trade

with a bass (Zon/modulus/Vigier or alike) with carbon fibre/graphite neck (trade with cash either way is possible regarding the value/state of the bass)

or a trade with a cheap bass (4 string or a 5'er with narrow neck) + cash so i can save up to buy a graphite bass myself

I'm based in Belgium, but shipping is no problem (around 40£ for shipping to the U.K)
as i'm a real packaging expert :) (check my feedback) and i still have the original box to fit around the case.

The bass will be bubble wrapped, put firmly in its original case and the again wrapped before putting it in the thick cardboard box that it came with on purchase.

I added some picture's, if you want more detailed picture's or have any questions feel free to contact me anytime! :lol:

Edited by Bassdude BE

[quote name='Playground_Martyr' post='1000659' date='Oct 26 2010, 12:40 AM']Gutted about the DJ4!

Well done mate, I'm so jealous. You've got yourself a nice one there. :)[/quote]

Thanks mate,
i'll keep you in mind if i ever decide to get rid of it,but it sure looks like a keeper tho... :lol:

[quote name='Bassdude BE' post='1000742' date='Oct 26 2010, 06:17 AM']Thanks mate,
i'll keep you in mind if i ever decide to get rid of it,but it sure looks like a keeper tho... :)[/quote]

Nice! it's coming to belgium...
Add me to the list when you get rid of it!
I wanted to buy it, but he didn't want to sell, recommended him your sterling though :lol: