Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot VA 350, valvy goodness. £395

Chimike

The Cull goes on ! I have two of these beauties, so I'm offering this one for sale. Actually, you could use it for pub gigs, as they have 3 power settings, roughly 120 watt... 240 watt.... and full power. Not a lightweight, you do need to love valves to lug this around, but the sound is to die for ! Has the GP 11 MK 5, as well as the separate valve preamp. Amp is in nice clean, used, condition, and case has been modded to improve cooling. Will sort photo's next week,

[quote name='Chimike' post='989697' date='Oct 15 2010, 09:50 PM']The Cull goes on ! I have two of these beauties, so I'm offering this one for sale. Actually, you could use it for pub gigs, as they have 3 power settings, roughly 120 watt... 240 watt.... and full power. Not a lightweight, you do need to love valves to lug this around, but the sound is to die for ! Has the GP 11 MK 5, as well as the separate valve preamp. Amp is in nice clean, used, condition, and case has been modded to improve cooling. Will sort photo's next week,[/quote]
good price,wish i had the dollers :-(

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='XPAULUSX' post='990005' date='Oct 16 2010, 10:50 AM']This all valve?

Interested mate[/quote]

What we have here is a nice point to point wired power amp, running either 6 Kt88's or 6550's, with a simple valve preamp. Very powerfull.
Added to this, in the case, is the Trace GP11 MK5 preamp, should you need eq, and effects return. The two preamps are independant of one another, in fact, I think ( but only think ) the amp was available without the GP11.

[quote name='Chimike' post='1006396' date='Oct 30 2010, 03:01 PM']What we have here is a nice point to point wired power amp, running either 6 Kt88's or 6550's, with a simple valve preamp. Very powerfull.
Added to this, in the case, is the Trace GP11 MK5 preamp, should you need eq, and effects return. The two preamps are independant of one another, in fact, I think ( but only think ) the amp was available without the GP11.[/quote]

You got any pictures buddy?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

[quote name='Chimike' post='989697' date='Oct 16 2010, 07:50 AM']The Cull goes on ! I have two of these beauties, so I'm offering this one for sale. Actually, you could use it for pub gigs, as they have 3 power settings, roughly 120 watt... 240 watt.... and full power. Not a lightweight, you do need to love valves to lug this around, but the sound is to die for ! Has the GP 11 MK 5, as well as the separate valve preamp. Amp is in nice clean, used, condition, and case has been modded to improve cooling. Will sort photo's next week,[/quote]

Thank God someone's got this bass head!!!!
It is still available? and Do you have some photos of it available?

And might I add that Mike was a fantastic chap to deal with, very knowledgeable, cool workshop and some great kit! Let me know if you have a feeback thread by the way Mike, happy to pop a comment in there. And if you're feeling charitable, my feedback thread's in my signature!

Cheers,

Tom