Why become a member? ×

[quote name='Schnozzalee' post='989989' date='Oct 16 2010, 10:13 AM']I do have something in mind if this sells but if it doesn't, I've realised, as i'm asking for collection - beggars can't be choosers so I'll open up the bass trade options to just 4 string only. I will also travel some distance by train if needs be.[/quote]

what kind of basses would you consider for swaps?

• 2 months later...

[quote name='bigd1' post='1102544' date='Jan 25 2011, 06:50 PM']how does this sound acoustically ? and what are you asking cash wise ? It might be me but it seems to be a little unclear in your post.

Ta very glad

BIGd[/quote]

Hi BigD,

Sounds great acoustically as its semi hollow so its got some great body to it on chords, I've been using it mostly as a song writing guitar which usually leads to playing Freebird :) . Plugged in the neck pickup is fantastic for blues and has some southern character when used with the bigsby. The neck pickup is a crisp crunch sound ACDC esque and the pickups are lovely n quiet so its not the best for Ted Nugent feedback tricks like he does his deep semi hollow ES-137. Very much a mix of a Gibson ES-335 and a Les Paul but with a comfier neck and better intonation, the build quality is a match. I'm after £600 as its as new, best of 3 from a high street shop costing £950 and I paid £100 for a pro setup and I can also string it with a new set of Dean Markley 10's. If my Stingray goes I'm keeping it.

Kind Regards

Oli Matt

EDIT: Just tried to find a video on Youtube for you but they're still poor apart from the chap playing the singlecut version on my original ad above unfortunately :)

Edited by Schnozzalee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...