Why become a member? ×

USA P Bass with Nordy NP4 p/u upgrade

krispn

For sale is an 08 USA P bass

I can't really justify having more than one 4 string and my squire (which now has the original p/u from this) is probably adequate for my actual ability and I'm not kidding :)

OK so the blurb - this is a USA 08 P Bass with the updated high mass bridge and nitro finish. I've added a Nordstrand NP4 which gives it a more of the vintage 'hollow grind' vibe which is what I was after in the tone of the bass - the new USA p/u's was a little hot for that sound IMHO but still a great tone.

The bass comes with the excellent SKB Fender hard shell which is a great design for keeping the old girl safe.

Overall the bass plays realy nice with a neck profile that feels familiar and inviting - satin finished which feels smooth and not sticky in the hand after longer sets. The maple neck has a lovely, aged tint to it and those ever so desirable rolled edges on the finger board give it a played in, comfortable as old slippers vibe. I was instantly at home on this bass and it has a some character, it's a Fender and carries on that tradition of classic, big tone. Im not a maple guy but this neck changed my opinion - it solid, stable and plays like a dream.

The bass is available to try in Edinburgh.

There are some very slight marks as you would expect from a bass that has been played pretty much daily but nitro finishes are thinner than lacquer which lets the wood resonate more for a far greater tone and sustain but at greater risk of 'war wounds'. The bass is by no means a 'relic' but does have some slight scratches but nothing major - its all pretty superficial. I've captured a dent in the finish in one of the photos and there is nothing else as visible as this.

With the Nordstrand p/u upgrade (£100 new) I'll be looking for £770, which I may wiggle very slightly on, via bank transfer (which is saving a few hundred on the new price). I just lost money thanks to paypal and their fee's on a sale a few days ago so reluctant to go down that avenue but do please check my feedback thread as I'm not out to scam.. Oh and the bass has just had a new set of DR High Beams fitted about 5 weeks ago!

Shipping will be paid by the buyer and I'm happy to take care of the details via courier on your behalf. If you prefer a black scratch plate I can send it instead as the tort would look nice on my oly white squire :lol:

Thanks for looking and PM for details

Edited by krispn