Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Ultimate Slap Bass by Stuart Clayton

[b]***SOLD*** ***SOLD*** ***SOLD***[/b]

I got this book around the start of the year. I thought it might be fun and useful to learn how to slap. So, after a brief dalliance and a blinding epiphany that I just don't like slap, it's up for sale. :) It's a great book (going gently from basics to bonkers in 206 pages), and a really interesting read with all the player biographies and interviews... but just not for me.

Minty-fresh condition including both CDs, and just [b]£20 delivered in the UK[/b].

This is the book:
[url="http://www.basslinepublishing.com/tuition/ultimate-slap-bass.html"]http://www.basslinepublishing.com/tuition/...-slap-bass.html[/url]
And here's the publisher's blurb:
[quote]Ultimate Slap Bass covers every aspect of the slap technique from the absolute basics through to advanced techniques such as double thumbing, open string hammer-ons and how to combine slapping with other techniques in a musical way. There are over 200 exercises in the book, which are also featured on two audio CD’s. Also includes a detailed history of the slap technique, as well as biographies of all of the major contributors to the technique. Additionally, there are exclusive interviews with Marcus Miller, Stuart Hamm, Mark King, Ray Riendeau and Vail Johnson.

The book contains the following chapters:

* Slapping Basics
* Adding the 'Pop'
* Using Hammer-ons, Pull-offs & Trills
* Ghost Notes
* Popular Scales and Modes for Slap Bass
* Left Hand Slaps & 16th Note Lines
* Introducing Tenths
* Machine Gun Triplets
* Doublestops
* Double Popping
* Strumming
* The Shuffle Feel
* Open String Hammer-Ons
* Double Thumbing (Part 1)
* Double Thumbing (Part 2)
* Double Thumbing (Part 3)
* Combining Techniques
* Biographies[/quote]

Edited by BottomEndian

[quote name='Stuart Clayton' post='990435' date='Oct 16 2010, 06:12 PM']Awwww..... sniff.... that's sad! ;-)[/quote]
:lol: Forgot you were a member on here, Stuart. So I'll just say again... great book! If I actually liked the sound of slap bass (and it's taken me a long while to realise that I just don't :) ), there's no way I'd be parting with it.

If you ever do a book on fretless bass, I'll pre-order. :)