Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Markbass Compressore

Phil-osopher10

I'm interested in a compressor and this one seems to be pretty decent (I'm new to the whole effects thing, so don't really know) But yeah, does this pedal have any unwanted noise like a hissing etc. The last time I tried an effects unit was a Behringer V-amp (possibly) and it was shocking the amount of noise that came off it, sort of put me off them all together!

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' post='982462' date='Oct 9 2010, 12:43 PM']I'm interested in a compressor and this one seems to be pretty decent (I'm new to the whole effects thing, so don't really know) But yeah, does this pedal have any unwanted noise like a hissing etc. The last time I tried an effects unit was a Behringer V-amp (possibly) and it was shocking the amount of noise that came off it, sort of put me off them all together![/quote]
barely any noise unless you really crank the gain, and what little noise does occur is not intrusive. great pedal. it's a tad large, but mine stays on all the time, so can sit on top of the amp if board/floor space is limited.

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' post='982462' date='Oct 9 2010, 12:43 PM']I'm new to the whole effects thing, so don't really know[/quote]
ok, i just re-read this, and thought again..

if you're new to effects & particularly compressors, this may be too advanced (absolutely no disrespect intended)

it is almost studio-quality with regard to the amount of control you can achieve. if that's what you're after, then i'm not sure it can be bettered (in a pedal format)

but for a 'squeezed' sound, it might be worth trying out some more basic comps before you take the plunge. :)

[quote name='phil.i.stein' post='982644' date='Oct 9 2010, 03:58 PM']ok, i just re-read this, and thought again..

if you're new to effects & particularly compressors, this may be too advanced (absolutely no disrespect intended)

it is almost studio-quality with regard to the amount of control you can achieve. if that's what you're after, then i'm not sure it can be bettered (in a pedal format)

but for a 'squeezed' sound, it might be worth trying out some more basic comps before you take the plunge. :)[/quote]

+1. Well if it's got a load of controls like "contour" and "ratio" then yeah it might be a bit of a problem if you've not used one before.

[quote name='Phil-osopher10' post='982945' date='Oct 9 2010, 10:40 PM']Well it'll be used in a studio and needs to be very good. But if it produces a lot of noise I may just cut my losses and not buy any of them. Does anyone know of a noiseless compressor?[/quote]
in that case, you've hit the nail on the head. buy the markbass. trust me.