Why become a member? ×

hondo rickenfaker - 300 OBO

umph

Up for sale is what i assume is a hondo rickenfaker. It has a rickenbacker badge on the top and very similar pick ups and bridge to the real deal.

Soundwise i would say it gets fairly close to the rick sound but lacks a little of the high end snap, hard to tell with dead strings on it though! It plays fairly well and has no truss rod/neck issues etc. but does have a few minor dings.

One went for £337 on ebay last week so i'd like around 300 for it OBO. I can arrange shipping at cost to buyer. I also have more pictures if you'd like.

Edited by umph

• 5 months later...

[quote name='FenderRick' post='1185940' date='Apr 2 2011, 04:27 PM']pm sent[/quote]
I expect you'll find this bass has been ever so slightly sold for the last 5 months or so.

Check out the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=270"]Rickenfakers[/url] thread & just keep scanning the For Sale bit - they come up fairly often.

And a lot of them aren't Hondos, which is a plus.

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' post='1185949' date='Apr 2 2011, 01:46 PM']I expect you'll find this bass has been ever so slightly sold for the last 5 months or so.

Check out the [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=270"]Rickenfakers[/url] thread & just keep scanning the For Sale bit - they come up fairly often.

And a lot of them aren't Hondos, which is a plus.

Jon.[/quote]

thanks.,ive seen couple of nice Greco neck throughs and CMI copies. boy i would sure like to own one of these,but most are already sold out
thanks for the tip,will scan that topic u gave me

btw is it just me or is there alot more rickenfakers in UK than in US (talkbass). i see alot more over here,probably cause of the rickpolice at ebay...