Why become a member? ×

FS: Fender Roscoe Beck V - SOLD pending the usual..

silverfoxnik

[b]SOLD pending the usual..[/b]

Hi Folks

In time-honoured Basschat tradition, there's something else I'm after on here, so I have decided to sell one of my two Roscoe Beck five string basses to fund it..

It's a 1997 model and is in very good condition.. I bought it from Happy Jack last summer and it's been my main gigging bass ever since then but, I have just acquired a liking for basses with a 2-octave neck..so I've decided to keep the passive RBV and move this one on..

In the picture below, the one for sale is the one on the right and you can see that it's control layout has been modified to accomodate an Aguilar OBP3 pre-amp which adds a huge amount of tonal flexibility to what is already a very clever design, with the coil-taps on both pick-ups! I have put two black control knobs on the volume and mid control pots, but i do still have the original chrome ones which can be put back on if so required..

The other mods are a pearloid scratchplate and an extra string tree which adds to the string tension on the E & B strings.

[attachment=60321:The_twin..._Beck_Vs.jpg]

I am happy to ship the bass but would always prefer someone to try out the bass first and take it with them (if they like it), if at all possible. I will try and put some better pictures up tonight.

Any questions, please PM me and thanks for looking.

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

Just to mention that this is a SERIOUSLY nice bass, arguably the nicest single Fender I have ever played.

I only sold it to Nik because it weighs 10.5 lbs which is just enough to set off my back. :)

I should add that £825 is a very low price. The bass alone is easily worth that (IMHO), so when you add the Aggie ...

[quote name='Happy Jack' post='974077' date='Oct 1 2010, 02:35 PM']Just to mention that this is a SERIOUSLY nice bass, arguably the nicest single Fender I have ever played.

I only sold it to Nik because it weighs 10.5 lbs which is just enough to set off my back. :)

I should add that £825 is a very low price. The bass alone is easily worth that (IMHO), so when you add the Aggie ...[/quote]
Thanks for the very positive comments Jack! :lol:

It is as you say, a seriously good bass.. Only reason I decided to out this one up for sale instead of the passive one, is that I figured this one - with the excellent mods already done to it - presents a more attractive option (in what is a very competetive marketplace for quality 5 string basses at the moment)!

The passive one weighs in quite a lot less, probably coming in at under 9.5 lbs and that too is a fantastic bass!

I still think that, for all round tonal flexibility, the RBVs are Fender's best 5 string bass ever..

Nik