Why become a member? ×

Oct 8th - Supporting Spizz Energi

TransistorBassMan

My band Hungry And The Hunted are supporting Spizz Energi on Oct 8th. (Admission £10.00 on the door, £7.50 if you contact me first)

[url="http://www.facebook.com/?sk=2361831622#!/group.php?gid=104071036299892&v=info"]Facebook[/url]
[url="http://www.myspace.com/hungryandthehunted"]MySpace[/url]
[url="http://hungryandthehunted.com/album.html"]Buy the album[/url]

What a top gig! mrs silddx and I had a cracking time!

Now, I'll be upfront and say punk and new wave has never been my bag, but I like to go and see BCer's bands and mrs silddx is a big Spizz fan, and we had a Friday night free. Rog's band, Hungry and the Hunted were already on when we got there at 8.15pm so we sadly only heard three songs, but they were really tight, straight ahead rock/punk with really good songs and delivery, and Rog's bass playing was totally solid and very confident - good tone coming from the Deluxe Precision, nice one Rog! Next up were Dutch Order who had a frontman who seemed to be influenced by Ian Curtis and Duncan Norvelle in equal measure, they were ok but I got a bit tired of them after a few songs. The next band blew me away! Dead Heaven. Killing Joke springs to mind but they had a really strong personality of their own and I was seriously digging their music, gorgeous key changes, and guitar like an angry Alex Lifeson, busy pumping bass from the singer. They had some serious style.

SPIZZENERGI were a joy, hilarious to watch and the songs were so much more interesting than I expected. We had a damn good dance and a few beers, and I nearly got squashed by a f***ing monster of a Hells Angel type who proceeded to get a mosh pit going during Where's Captain Kirk and knocking people flying. I kept out of his way.

A brilliant night that massively exceeded both our expectations and we're still excitedly talking about now.

Rog, thanks for putting us on the G-list, you're a star mate, Cheers!

[quote name='TransistorBassMan' post='984351' date='Oct 11 2010, 12:55 PM']Thanks for coming down Nigel, glad you both enjoyed it. I'll pass on your comments to the Dead Heaven guys.

BTW - It's a Precision Lyte :)[/quote]
Thanks mate, was a cracking night!

Ahh, a Lyte. thanks. Why do they call it Lyte with an extra pickup and controls? Typical Fender :lol: