Why become a member? ×

Do you film your own band - Live?

mike f

[quote name='mike f' post='970615' date='Sep 28 2010, 01:14 PM']I should imagine that a good few of you film your own band when ever you gig - perhaps more as a record of events than a rockumenatary, if you will.[/quote]

We leave the fans to do that and post it on youtube....

quality varies from sh*t mobile phone footage to reasonable HD video camera work....but every gig seems to go up on youtube (we don't play many) and we have no need to film ourselves.

I agree about the panasonic, I've got the z7 and it takes a decent sd vid on 640x480 although it doesn't zoom in video mode. The q3 that I dissed a couple of days ago was a brand new black one with firmware lowlight upgrade and I bought it and returned it only last week. The audio is okay but it is really messy visually. I've now just picked up a canon hf m31 cam which I got for a steal (Currys £849 ebay £374!). It's only got a single 1/4in cmos processor so it wont be brilliant in really low light, but it does have an external mic socket so I can use a good mic or plug a lead into the sound desk.

We've got an Academy gig coming up soon and an old school mate who is now an independent film maker is going to film for us and I will be interested to see the difference in quality. Also a local college student on a photographic course asked us this week if she can do a project based on the band, so that may be interesting.