Why become a member? ×

using more than one Orange Cab

algmusic

I've got a Terror Bass, which I love and which I use with the sp210 on smaller gigs and then add my markbass 1x15 for a bit more bottom end. I like the sound I get

I'm not sure if any TB users have done this, but I'm thinking of replacing the markbass cab with an orange for the complete set.. I'm a bit reluctant getting the 1x15 as I think my sound might get a bit wolley, as the MB gives controlled bottom end, so was thinking getting the sp212 and running the 210 and 212 together.. or should I be looking at the another 210?

has anyone done this?

• 10 months later...

[quote name='algmusic' post='969525' date='Sep 27 2010, 02:38 PM']I've got a Terror Bass, which I love and which I use with the sp210 on smaller gigs and then add my markbass 1x15 for a bit more bottom end. I like the sound I get

I'm not sure if any TB users have done this, but I'm thinking of replacing the markbass cab with an orange for the complete set.. I'm a bit reluctant getting the 1x15 as I think my sound might get a bit wolley, as the MB gives controlled bottom end, so was thinking getting the sp212 and running the 210 and 212 together.. or should I be looking at the another 210?

has anyone done this?[/quote]

I am thinking of getting myself a bass terror to spare my back from lifting the SVT 3 pro (in flightcase) around... that'd be almost 25kg lighter!

Have you run together the 2 sp210 or the sp 210 + sp 212 yet? Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

I know its not exactly the same but I run an SP210 with an Ashdown MAG 210T (vertically stacked) for my bigger gigs.

Sounds good to my ears

Edit - just realised how old this thread is!

Edited by rOB

[quote name='rOB' post='1323385' date='Aug 1 2011, 06:50 PM']I know its not exactly the same but I run an SP210 with an Ashdown MAG 210T (vertically stacked) for my [b]bigger gigs.[/b][/quote]

Thanks Rob,

Is this combination loud enough or do you still need to push the bass up in your pa monitor?
I like it when I get most of my sound from the stage (the cab/s behind me) as opposed to from the pa wedges in front of me.

Edited by Deadline Bass

[quote name='rOB' post='1323385' date='Aug 1 2011, 06:50 PM']I know its not exactly the same but I run an SP210 with an Ashdown MAG 210T (vertically stacked) for my bigger gigs.

Sounds good to my ears

Edit - just realised how old this thread is![/quote]

Ha ha, I sold my Markbass and now just use the sp210. I'm thinking of looking at barefaced.. either the midget or super twelve

[quote name='Deadline Bass' post='1323397' date='Aug 1 2011, 06:58 PM']Thanks Rob,

Is this combination loud enough or do you still need to push the bass up in your pa monitor?
I like it when I get most of my sound from the stage (the cab/s behind me) as opposed to from the pa wedges in front of me.[/quote]

Its plenty loud! My covers band has a guitarist using a 4x12, keyboards, drums and 3 vocals and it easily copes with that.

To be honest I often just use the SP210 on an amp stand for my originals band (1 guitarist with small combo, drums and 2 vocals), they are a bit short to sit on the ground as a lot of sound will just go past your shins but if they're raised and titled a bit it does the job perfectly for me.

[quote name='algmusic' post='1323647' date='Aug 1 2011, 10:49 PM']Ha ha, I sold my Markbass and now just use the sp210. I'm thinking of looking at barefaced.. either the midget or super twelve[/quote]

Do you raise the SP210 off the floor?

I have the SP210 and OBC115. Only used them at home, but have had the opportunity to use them loud with the OTB cranked to about 7 on the gain and volume....... Fillings are still rattling!!! I've also changed the valves over to 12AT7's, which cleans up the gain stage very nicely!!!

Nige