Why become a member? ×

Scott Thunes performing for Zappa At the Roundhouse

Guest BassKS

Sadly tickets have gone.

If anyone wants to shift any, pls let us know.

I wish a smashing time to anyone who got the tickets and is going.

[url="http://www.planetrock.com/Article.asp?id=1949915&spid=38689"]http://www.planetrock.com/Article.asp?id=1...&spid=38689[/url]

I am very sad about this as this is a very rare performance of the greatest bass player (subjective) since he left the industry and became an IT administrator.
This was all due to him being treated rather badly from the other Zappa band member since Scott had a carte blanche.

Any older guys who have seen him live who would like to share their experience?

Heheh, I was being dumb. Guys I will defo be there. I cant believe it. Scott Thunes and Mighty Boosh under one roof. Its going to be awesome. Guys can we make each other known somehow? I will prob see you there. Was thinking about getting my bass signed but I doubt theyll let me take it inside.

[quote name='silddx' post='969465' date='Sep 27 2010, 01:54 PM']I'll be at the ZPZ gig and the audience with. Scott's my bass hero.

I saw him with Zappa in '88, and with Dweezil and Ahmet, he was great, amazing. I ended up with his dirty blue towel somehow. Finally chucked it away last year, I hadn't washed it either :)[/quote]

Awesome stuff about the Towel. I would have done the same. Only, I would never throw it away.

[quote name='mike f' post='969812' date='Sep 27 2010, 06:14 PM']I'll be there.

Scott's one of my favourites also.

Be good to meet up too.[/quote]

Right, then
Ill break the ice by PM-ing my phone no.

[quote name='BassKS' post='969938' date='Sep 27 2010, 07:45 PM']Right, then
Ill break the ice by PM-ing my phone no.[/quote]
Well I wiped my hands on the towel every day and ingrained them with his sweat, but it made no difference. I have since started visiting Lourdes. Still no difference.