Why become a member? ×

Aguilar DB659 & Eden WT1000

krispn

**The price of the pre remains the same as an individual sale but the total rig is now £750**

Those interested in the complete rig will get preference due to the hassle of selling a power amp on it's own!

PM for any other details

Hey 2nd time round

This is my current live rig and its fantastic!

I tried to do a video review but my mobile phone recording just didn't do any justice to the tone and man what a tone.

I can drive this pre to give me edgy - not SVT but a great driven pick tone, I can engage the deep switch for reggae and bass heavy tones, cut the mid and engage the treble to get a nice slap tone, keep it flat to hear my bass come through or do whatever I need to and with a few seconds have the tone Im after.

The famous Aguilar OBP 1 is basically the Deep and Bright switches that are built into this pre amp for boosting those freq's.

The EQ on this is voiced so well that any setting is good, maybe not the tone you want but not a 'bad tone' - it like listening to your favourite singer - you might not like the song but the voice is still beautiful.

With the Mullards that I currently have fitted I'm after £850 posted for the rig - minus the Mullards £800

The pre on its own is the question I have been asked the most so I'm saying £425 from the advice I have been given. Postage will be quite cheap on the pre due to it's light weight.

Ok so the info is pasted below:

Equalization:
Treble:
Tube driven shelving type, boosts up to 12 db. The center frequency is set at 4 kHz.

Bass:
Tube driven shelving type, boosts up to 12 db. The center frequency is set at 40 Hz.

Midrange:
Tube driven shelving centered at 400 Hz.

Deep Switch:
The deep switch adds 3db of broadband boost at 30 Hz.

Bright Switch:
This switch is passive RC pre-emphasis circuit at 5-7 kHz. The bright switch will add a brighter timbre to the entire range of your bass.

Effects Loop:
The Send pot is push/pull for line or instrument level. This allows you to use a studio effects unit (line level) or a stomp box (requires instrument level) in the FX loop. Adjust the amount of send so as to get maximum performance from your effects unit. Don’t give the FX so much level as to overdrive it.
The parallel/series pot is push/pull for parallel or series operation. In the parallel mode affected signals are mixed to the dry sound. In series mode the entire sound of your bass is processed by the effects in the loop. The amount of effects can be adjusted with the return pot. If you pull the return pot out for series operation without any effects plugged in the loop, the loop will be open and no sound will result.

PM for any further questions. I have pic's but cant seem to transfer them from my mobile - some dodgy bluetooth issues! I'm working on it nd can text the pics but its the same pre as on the google image search - real clean and life in a rack case.

Thanks

gavin

Edited by krispn

• 2 weeks later...