Why become a member? ×

Advice needed please!!!

bigal66

Hi,this might sound a bit of a daft question,but im going to ask anyway! I have a bass head that puts out 350 watts at 4 0hms,i have a 15 inch cab, 8 ohm cab,(no idea what watts),and a 200 watt,8 ohm 2 x 10 cab. If combined they are say 400 watts,and the amp is putting out 350,will my speakers be ok? Or should i be getting a larger cab? I dont play particularly loud,so is the amp only 350 watts if played at full voulme? I am as you can probably guess, completely confused!! :) Any help,much appreciated.Thanks.

[quote name='markstuk' post='965705' date='Sep 23 2010, 03:35 PM']If they're both 8 Ohm cabs, then together (in 99% of cases) they'll be 4 ohms.. So assuming the total rating of the speakers is 400W and your amp puts out 350W at 4 Ohms you're in the right ballpark...[/quote]
Thats the thing,my 2 x 10 is 200 watts(8 ohms) but i dont know about my 1 x 15.The only thing it says on the speaker is 8 ohms. Also,is 350 watts at full volume ? Thanks for youre reply.

[quote name='bigal66' post='965697' date='Sep 23 2010, 03:28 PM']Hi,this might sound a bit of a daft question,but im going to ask anyway! I have a bass head that puts out 350 watts at 4 0hms,i have a 15 inch cab, 8 ohm cab,(no idea what watts),and a 200 watt,8 ohm 2 x 10 cab. If combined they are say 400 watts,and the amp is putting out 350,will my speakers be ok? Or should i be getting a larger cab? I dont play particularly loud,so is the amp only 350 watts if played at full voulme? I am as you can probably guess, completely confused!! :lol: Any help,much appreciated.Thanks.[/quote]
NO NO NO NO NO

It will explode and you will die in an undignified electrical disaster...

Yep thats fine :)

However youd be better off with a nice MBWS and ext cab......it just so happens I have one to hand a mere £1000 englisi punts

You could take the speaker out of the cab and check what it is if you really want to be sure. As yes 350W is pretty much likely to be the max output.. If you tell me what the amp is it's easy to check...

[quote name='bigal66' post='965961' date='Sep 23 2010, 06:55 PM']Thats the thing,my 2 x 10 is 200 watts(8 ohms) but i dont know about my 1 x 15.The only thing it says on the speaker is 8 ohms. Also,is 350 watts at full volume ? Thanks for youre reply.[/quote]

[quote name='markstuk' post='966334' date='Sep 24 2010, 07:05 AM']You could take the speaker out of the cab and check what it is if you really want to be sure. As yes 350W is pretty much likely to be the max output.. If you tell me what the amp is it's easy to check...[/quote]
Thanks for the replys folks,one last question, If i put 350 watt amp into a 4 ohm Ultrabass 1200 watt 4 x 10, and a 200 watt 8 ohm 1 x15, what would happen? Smoke? fire?......again, any help appreciated......thanks.