Why become a member? ×

Epiphone Thunderbird For Sale

Delberthot

Well I ended up going for one of those new Limited Edition Epiphone EB-0 basses and coupled with the fact that I'm expecting a Goth Thunderbird shortly I've decided to sell my standard Epiphone Thunderbird.

Quite a minty example. It has a small surface mark at the tip of the headstock but I think every Epiphone I've seen has that. There is also a small screw hole next to the E tuner for some reason.

As you'll have seen in my thread about Thunderbirds being rock basses, you can actually use these for almost anything. I've been using it in my wedding/function band and with my rock band.

The body is alder with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. Net width at the nut is about precision width but the necks on these don't taper out nearly as much as Fenders do giving you a nice close string spacing at the bridge.

I also have to mention that the action is loooooooooooow. it buzzes a bit when unplugged but isn't noticable when plugged in.

I also have my Hipshot Supertone bridge which I actually bought for this for sale as well so could do both for £210 delivered. They usually retail in the US for around £90 so by buying it with the bass you're getting it for almost half price.

Free postage to mainland UK or I'll take £10 off if you live close enough to collect it.

Edited by Delberthot

I think I'll open this up for trades now.

As you may have seen I'm after something that will replicate the sound of my Trace V-Type preamp in pedal form roughly.

I'd be up for trades on:

Tech 21 VT Bass
EBS Valve Drive
Catlinbread SFT

Not limited to these - I may also be on the lookout for a Trace 2x10" cab as well. Not really looking for any basses unless pointy or bright. Oh, and nothing fretless thanks. I thnk I've got it out of my system now

What've you got?

I've actually never mentioned this but I've been learning two handed tapping on this and it sounds fantastic - helps that the action is super low

Edited by Delberthot