Why become a member? ×

Akai UB1

GT40Graham

A harmony pedal (the digitech whammy is the most ubiquitos option) and a decent distortion will do the same thing, but it won't sound exactly the same. As far as I'm aware the unibass is the only one that does it in one box. My way of filling out the sound is to play one octave higher and use my oc-2 to harmonise one octave down with distortion.. Octave down tends to sound a lot more natural than fifth/octave up.

Edited by bobbass4k

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='959646' date='Sep 17 2010, 04:36 PM']A harmony pedal (the digitech whammy is the most ubiquitos option) and a decent distortion will do the same thing, but it won't sound exactly the same. As far as I'm aware the unibass is the only one that does it in one box. My way of filling out the sound is to play one octave higher and use my oc-2 to harmonise one octave down with distortion.. Octave down tends to sound a lot more natural than fifth/octave up.[/quote]

Good suggestion, thanks for that.

[quote name='bobbass4k' post='959646' date='Sep 17 2010, 04:36 PM']A harmony pedal (the digitech whammy is the most ubiquitos option) and a decent distortion will do the same thing, but it won't sound exactly the same. As far as I'm aware the unibass is the only one that does it in one box. My way of filling out the sound is to play one octave higher and use my oc-2 to harmonise one octave down with distortion.. Octave down tends to sound a lot more natural than fifth/octave up.[/quote]

+1. Also, for an octave up as well as an octave down, check out the EHX Micro Pog.

If you want full control over what harmonies you want, other than the Digitech Whammy, there is the Eventide Pitch Factor:

[url="http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/PitchFactor.aspx"]Eventide Pitch Factor[/url]

Especially with an expression pedal connected you can have control over a whole manner of different crazy intervals, even those popularised by the Bass Whammy, which had all but died out, so to speak.

[quote name='EskimoBassist' post='959669' date='Sep 17 2010, 05:03 PM']+1. Also, for an octave up as well as an octave down, check out the EHX Micro Pog.

If you want full control over what harmonies you want, other than the Digitech Whammy, there is the Eventide Pitch Factor:

[url="http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/PitchFactor.aspx"]Eventide Pitch Factor[/url]

Especially with an expression pedal connected you can have control over a whole manner of different crazy intervals, even those popularised by the Bass Whammy, which had all but died out, so to speak.[/quote]

The Micro Pog looks pretty useful especially with the separate dry and effect outputs.

Obviously the Eventide is in a class and price bracket of it's own.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Regards,