Why become a member? ×

Nifty...

Josh

My current "W" crop:

[u]Streamer Stage I 5 string 1990, Modded: [/u]

Still getting to grips with the Nordstrands.

[u]Thumb Bolt-On 4 string 1999:[/u]

Love this thing.

And 2 NT Thumbs and 2 Streamer Stage II's shall be joining the family soon.

[quote name='thumbo' post='109283' date='Dec 25 2007, 05:13 PM']Nice basses. What are the Nordy's like in the Streamer? I've been considering making the Nordstrand move on my Streamer Stage 1 for a while but this is the first streamer I've seen with them.[/quote]

I'm still getting to grips with them, I've only just managed to set it up to my liking and I knwo for sure I need a much better amp for the full potential of the Nord's to come out, prefably an Eden rig or Ampeg. But it really comes down to whats your ideal tone, mine is your standard jazz/Warwick punch and growl with a good bass presence but still sticks out of the mix, they do manage to give me that tone but it's taken me a while and I've had to turn my eq on my amp off just to get it, and change the strings specifically and what not and I'm still trying to figure what each knob does still which is a tad bit annoying, but as I said they're quite Hi-Fi p'ups and really you need the right amp to compensate.