Why become a member? ×

Help with effects volume

crag42

Hi Guy's

I'm a bassist of many years but just started trying out effects pedals now.... So i have a question...

I have bought an overdrive pedal and used it for 1st time last week in rehearsal... it sounded great only problem i had was..... when i kicked in the pedal the volume through my amp increased quite a lot from clean to effects...... why is that and how do you combat it?....

I must stress i know nothing about pedals and workings of them...... so if it's plainly obvious i still wouldnt have a clue...lol....

Also i just plugged in and played.... hence not really studied the instructions

Any help much appreciated guys

Craig

[quote name='crag42' post='954989' date='Sep 13 2010, 04:25 PM']Hi Guy's

I'm a bassist of many years but just started trying out effects pedals now.... So i have a question...

I have bought an overdrive pedal and used it for 1st time last week in rehearsal... it sounded great only problem i had was..... when i kicked in the pedal the volume through my amp increased quite a lot from clean to effects...... why is that and how do you combat it?....

I must stress i know nothing about pedals and workings of them...... so if it's plainly obvious i still wouldnt have a clue...lol....

Also i just plugged in and played.... hence not really studied the instructions

Any help much appreciated guys

Craig[/quote]

you should be able to change the volume and gain on the pedal to get the sound and level you want. I suppose an overdriven sound would typically be louder than a clean one but it's up to you.

Edited by D2TS

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='955093' date='Sep 13 2010, 05:42 PM']Assuming you are talking about the Ibanez PD7, you need to turn the knob marked "Level" (the rightmost one) to the left. You'll need to experiment a little to find the setting that gives you the desired result.

S.P.[/quote]

Yeah it's the PD7.......

Thanks for the comments guys.... i'll have a play about with it to get the right levels......

Many thanks from a pedal virgin

Craig