Why become a member? ×

70's P-Basses

Chopthebass

[quote name='Chopthebass' post='108687' date='Dec 23 2007, 07:50 PM']This is a bass I might be able to get my hands on!
Roughly what would you expect to pay for a 1977 Fender Precision with original hard case. Its Black with maple neck?
It has a few body knocks, but only minor. And some minor finish crazing.

Cheers
Ian[/quote]

Is this bass the one selling on Gumtree?

If it's the one, I contacted the seller and it smells fishy to me...I'm not saying it's a scam but read the reply I received from him and judge yourself:

[b]I`m curently located in Germany whit some bussines and the item is in ebay custody(England).Ebay have the item in their custody packed, insured and ready for shipping. They will contact you with all the details of this sale (they will send you an invoice ) and with the payment instructions. You will send the payment to one of their agents that is handling our transaction and after that you will send them the payment information so they can verify It. I will have to make you aware of the fact that i don`t know the agent name because they change it in every transaction for security reasons. As soon as they do that the shipping process will start. After you receive the item you will have a 7 day return policy (starting the day you receive te item), in this time you will have to decide if you accept it or not.So please give me your full name and shipping address so i can have them contact you regarding the transaction.
Regards[/b]

[quote name='PauBass' post='108845' date='Dec 24 2007, 11:07 AM']Is this bass the one selling on Gumtree?

If it's the one, I contacted the seller and it smells fishy to me...I'm not saying it's a scam but read the reply I received from him and judge yourself:

[b]I`m curently located in Germany whit some bussines and the item is in ebay custody(England).Ebay have the item in their custody packed, insured and ready for shipping. They will contact you with all the details of this sale (they will send you an invoice ) and with the payment instructions. You will send the payment to one of their agents that is handling our transaction and after that you will send them the payment information so they can verify It. I will have to make you aware of the fact that i don`t know the agent name because they change it in every transaction for security reasons. As soon as they do that the shipping process will start. After you receive the item you will have a 7 day return policy (starting the day you receive te item), in this time you will have to decide if you accept it or not.So please give me your full name and shipping address so i can have them contact you regarding the transaction.
Regards[/b][/quote]
Our drummer just tried buying a '72 VW Camper on the 'bay, from Germany, same bumf as above. It was a scam - luckily sussed in time. So let's be careful out there! :)

Edited by Shaggy