Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Berman Amps

Radiomike

[quote name='Subthumper' post='954171' date='Sep 12 2010, 10:52 PM']The JJ's seem to be pretty tough. A friend of mine techs for Killing Joke and we put JJ's in Geordies amps. If he cant break them then I say they were good enough for anyone. The rest of the JJ stuff seems pretty consistant too, I've been using them for most of my amp servicing work with very few problems. The thing with valves is that there is an allmost endless list of brands but only a finite number of actual manufacturers which must mean that in many cases your buying the same thing in a different box with slightly different bulls**t written on it.[/quote]

when (what tour) did they place JJ KT77s in Geordie's amp?

• 5 months later...

I used to use a burman bass head years ago. Unfortunately a valve holder melted. i didn't get it repaired as I the moved over to trace elliot.
I cam across it the other day buried in the garage.It seems all the valves have been removed. Don't know when this happened.
Does anyone have a list of the valves used both input and output please/

This is a Pro 4000 bass head? I have JJ KT77s in the power stage of mine and am very happy with the outcome. I'm not sure what's in the pre-amp stage - probably the original Mazda ECC833 . Any decent amp tech should be able to replace that valve holder and bias up a set of new power valves. There's a sticky somewhere with a recommended list of amp techs.

I expect Crazy Kiwi will be along soon with chapter and verse, he knows all this kind of stuff off by heart!