Why become a member? ×

2000/ 2001 MIM Fender Jazz 5 string

smileegee

Price Drop to £300.

This bass is very good, but I need the money so it has to go asap.

For sale is my2000/ 2001 MIM Fender Jazz 5 string in the strikingly beautiful and (sadly) discontinued Agave Blue finish.

This is the original run of the MIM Jazz 5-ers which are quite cool and have a few distinct design differences from the current version which I think make this bass special. They are:

Headstock is a streamlined 5-in line headstock vs. the 4+1 featured in the current model.

A long straight "three in the tree" string tree for the A-G strings vs the standard two string tree on the newer versions.

The finishes on the old run were more varied. This one is agave blue. Current models only come in Sunburst and Black

The bass itself is a wonderful player and in really great condition. Good balance and not that much heavier than a standard Jazz 4 if at all. The neck feels good and fender really got it right on the string spacing. Does not feel cramped.

sake of being very thorough here is a description of each one...

I would give total condition a 9/10 or better.

Looking for £300 ono

Come with Gig bag and strap.

Pick up in Durham only
Gee

[quote name='smileegee' post='951507' date='Sep 10 2010, 09:27 AM']Price Drop to £300.

This bass is very good, but I need the money so it has to go asap.

For sale is my2000/ 2001 MIM Fender Jazz 5 string in the strikingly beautiful and (sadly) discontinued Agave Blue finish.

This is the original run of the MIM Jazz 5-ers which are quite cool and have a few distinct design differences from the current version which I think make this bass special. They are:

Headstock is a streamlined 5-in line headstock vs. the 4+1 featured in the current model.

A long straight "three in the tree" string tree for the A-G strings vs the standard two string tree on the newer versions.

The finishes on the old run were more varied. This one is agave blue. Current models only come in Sunburst and Black

The bass itself is a wonderful player and in really great condition. Good balance and not that much heavier than a standard Jazz 4 if at all. The neck feels good and fender really got it right on the string spacing. Does not feel cramped.

sake of being very thorough here is a description of each one...

I would give total condition a 9/10 or better.

Looking for £300 ono

Come with Gig bag and strap.

Pick up in Durham only
Gee[/quote]
any trades or just dosh